· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

Default yet another id ....

0 Not allowed!
    hope this is not to big can anyone tell me common and scientific name . thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   heres your first angel - genocidex   Thanks for playing - mommy1   Here's a dollar for your SD...hope he's ok - Slaphppy7   Good luck with the treatment! - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    I've got an amazing story to tell about this strong survivor if anyone is interested.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas my friend! - Taurus   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jeffs99dime   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    That looks like a Red Zebra Cichlid from Lake Malawi (Mbuna). They can be pretty aggressive.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat   thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue   For being understanding, thank you - Cliff   (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex   

0 Not allowed!
    Definatly an african cichlid from lake malawi im not versed enough to tell you an exact but jeff seems right to me
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'll try to get another pic that is not as bright .When I purchased this one there were3 more . 1was an auratus , 2 were what ya'll told me were red zebras , they were a solid yellow with egg spots . this one was originally a light brown with 7 vertical stripes but has colored up like it is now . I'm not disputing your word but I believe the pic may be throwing you off . Does the red zebra develop into a color such as this one? The auratus killed the red zebras and nearly killed this one too. I had to take it out of the tank with the auratus and put it in with my JD's. He didn't recover and I thought he was dead (floating lifeless on the bottom of the tank) .When I netted him out he didn't try to swim away , gills were not moving , and from what I could tell I honestly thought he was dead . I have an outdoor small 205gallon "pond" that has water iris growing in and I put him in it , thinking he was dead . they're are pond snails in it and I thought he would be a meal for them . I know this sounds mean but I thought he was dead , since he was showing no signs of life . This was in the summer time when I put him in the pond ,and when he sank to the bottom I figured he WAS dead but about 2 months ago I had to drain the pond and move it to another section of the yard ( wife was tired of looking at it ) .As Iwas draining the small end I noticed a splash ! Lo and behold it was him, he had survived somhow and it was just amazing . He had changed color was looking more healthy than I ever would have thought possible . Lucky for me and him I had an empty tank and by using filter media from other tanks he had another home . Now he's in a 30gallon tank with sand substrate plants and 3 rosyred minnows that the JD's didn't want . He seems very happy now and will nibble on my hand when I'm doing plant maintenance . He eats like a horse and you can tell he's boss . I really did think he had passed on but he showed me up now he is happy and healthy and the king of his domain. Thanks for reading this and I hope you all will forgive me .I feel like he has .

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    hope this is better

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - steeler58   Thanks!! - steeler58   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   Thx4rep - pRED   Won't let me give a rep ptr re the 12 gal tank - fishmommie   

0 Not allowed!
    That is an amazing story of resilience. I've never had a fish survive no matter what after keeling over.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I thought it was amazing too .It is one tough fish though whatever it is.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Do you think it could be an .............

0 Not allowed!
    Iodotropheus sprengerae , a Rusty ? its about 3 inches. this pic is too bright . pic above is what it actually looks like .
    Last edited by eltylT; 11-27-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: pic above in other post is BETTER