Attached Images Attached Images
    Dimitris

0 Not allowed!
    Any idea what it could be?
    Dimitris

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkatsariotis View Post
    I noticed some "white cover" on the leaves. Could it be algae? Should I reduce the lighting. There is always sun light approaching the aquarium, not direct to it, during the day and I use a timmer to turn on the 4000k lamp for 8 hours at total in intervals of 3 * 1 hour during the day and 5 hours from 15:00 to 22:00 at night.

I am posting some pictures taken today morning.

Attachment 31046Attachment 31047
    ahhhh that means a lack of CO2 for sure. These plants will contract carbon from other chemical combinations (calcium). The remaining valcium will show as a white layer especially on these species of plants (being an extreme fast grower). Co2 or other carbon resources, less light (less growth!!) will solve the problem.
    No Cory, No Glory !!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    ahhhh that means a lack of CO2 for sure. These plants will contract carbon from other chemical combinations (calcium). The remaining valcium will show as a white layer especially on these species of plants (being an extreme fast grower). Co2 or other carbon resources, less light (less growth!!) will solve the problem.
    Hi, is carbon contained inside the filter enough? Should i reduce oxygen coming through the airstone? Could the hairalgae on Anubias be because of high iron?
    Dimitris

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No that's no carbon-source for plants. It is even thought to extract some microferts from the water. An airstone does lower the overnight build up CO2 level. If you'd like that to stay, buy some liquid carbon like Easy Carbo or Excel. High Iron doesn't cause those algae to me, but a lack of CO2 or some ferts does !! Cheers Aad
    No Cory, No Glory !!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    BTW an airstone doesn't add oxygin but air : it will make gasexchange at te surface better , so it will " equalize" with the air above (CO2 out / O2 in)
    No Cory, No Glory !!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    No that's no carbon-source for plants. It is even thought to extract some microferts from the water. An airstone does lower the overnight build up CO2 level. If you'd like that to stay, buy some liquid carbon like Easy Carbo or Excel. High Iron doesn't cause those algae to me, but a lack of CO2 or some ferts does !! Cheers Aad
    Thanks for your advice.

Will SEACHEM Matrix Carbon do the job?
    Dimitris

0 Not allowed!
    Don't confuse chemical filter media with elements required for plants

Plant will get carbon from the water in the form of carbon dioxide (CO2) and certain plant fertilizes that have alternate source carbon added to it (like flourish excel)

Chemical filter media will not add anything to your water
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Don't confuse chemical filter media with elements required for plants

Plant will get carbon from the water in the form of carbon dioxide (CO2) and certain plant fertilizes that have alternate source carbon added to it (like flourish excel)

Chemical filter media will not add anything to your water

Will SEACHEM Matrix Carbon do the job? Or EasyLife Profit as fert?
    Dimitris

0 Not allowed!
    No, Seachem Matrix is chemical filtration media. It won't do a thing for your plants

I do not know anything about EasyLife Profit. I would suggest to read the label to see if it has a source of organic carbon.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]