· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with your 75G project! - Slaphppy7   Here's to fishless cycling! - Slaphppy7   Coming along nicely... - ~firefly~   Congrats on the fish and shrimp! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    btw i saw some other posts and basically garlic guard is just garlic juice like you can get from grocery store

posting below it says goldfish but same for all fish
    Last edited by JoeH; 12-30-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    My Aquarium Journal
    [URL="http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=121427&p=1326262#post1326262[/URL]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with your 75G project! - Slaphppy7   Here's to fishless cycling! - Slaphppy7   Coming along nicely... - ~firefly~   Congrats on the fish and shrimp! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    Garlic Remedy

Benefits Purifies blood; detoxifies; lowers cholesterol levels; lowers blood pressure; blood thinner; prevents blood clots; boost immune system; prevents heart disease and strokes; destroys cancer cells; muscle relaxant; antibiotic; antifungal; destroys parasites and bad bacteria; suppresses growth of tumours Internal Parasites in Goldfish

Warning: Follow directions closely. Garlic is medicinal, but also has food value, and may degrade and deteriorate over a short period of time, contributing to the bio load. Use in heavily oxygenated water.

Garlic is also an aesthetic; overuse can make fish become lethargic and or cause them to tilt. If this happens, perform water changes to remove until the fish becomes responsive.

Roughly chop two large or three medium sized garlic cloves; place in one cup of hot, treated tap water; sit on counter until room temperature. Cover and keep refrigerated.

Good for five days.

View instructional video provided by Nectar; Garlic Intro

The longer the cloves soak, the stronger the solution. If you need garlic asap, the bulbs can be pulverized in a blender with water, and strained; double the amount of water and use only 1/4 of what remedy calls for.

Garlic Tonic Use to enhance overall health
    Premix 1 tablespoon of (24 hour) garlic water per 10 gallons of main tank size; premix in fresh water before adding to tank or pond. If garlic water is aged: premix 1 teaspoon of garlic water per 10 gallons of tank or pond water.

Perform 20% fresh water change; premix garlic in fresh water before gradually adding to tank or pond.

For added benefit, treatment can be combined with Salt Tonic

Garlic Treatment Use for harmful bacteria infection; abscesses or tumours; external parasites or worms; external or internal injuries

Premix 1 tablespoon of (24 hour) garlic water per 10 gallons of main tank size; premix in fresh water before adding to tank or pond. If garlic water is aged: premix 1 teaspoon of garlic water per 10 gallons of tank or pond water.

Perform 20% fresh water change; premix garlic in fresh water before gradually adding to tank or pond.

Repeat treatment for three days; then perform 20% reverse water changes; no garlic

Garlic treatment may be combined with Salt Treatment or rotated for serious infections

Garlic water may be given orally to battle internal infection; use syringe or eye dropper. 1 drop per 1" of goldfish body; give daily for 10 days.

Garlic Bath Use for harmful bacteria infection; abscesses or tumours; external parasites or worms; external or internal injuries

Using a container appropriately sized and free of contaminants; premix 1 tablespoon of (aged) garlic water per 1 gallon of main tank size

Place fish in bath for 1 to 5 minutes; give the bath once or twice daily as needed. Use fresh bath each time.

If fish shows signs of distress; return to tank or pond

For additional benefit feed Gel Food (Antibiotic) Recipe
    My Aquarium Journal
    [URL="http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=121427&p=1326262#post1326262[/URL]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well did my water change today, fed my plants its weekly dose of food, and got my plecos som dried shrimp pellets. I dropped 3 or 4 in to see what happens and within 3 mins one of my plecos sniffed one out and munched on it a little bit. think they need to soften up first for them.

Wife told me go get my catfish to keep the bottom of tank clean and wouldnt ya know they really didnt have anything i liked. I dont like albino or the green corys and the opne store said they hadnt gotten any sterbae in in several weeks so I found some nice looking Spotted Corys they look similar to the Sterbae but dont have the gold tone to them.

Store also had long fin black skirt tetras on sale for $1.00 each they only had 5 but they were really nice ones so i snatched them up. I figure they will school with the other black skirts and really look cool together.

Then cause I keep getting lil snails I went and bought me a really nice looking assassin snail.

will assassin snails kill mystery snails or just the small pest snails?

anyways will do pics later after everything settles in
    My Aquarium Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    took a video trying to upload it to you tube now to see if it works
    My Aquarium Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    My First Video Need to learn How to edit them and to add music and take out my bs background sounds. What software you guys use to add music and edit?

My Aquarium Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    the more pale colored are the new long fins I am sure they will get their color back when they are unstressed But they are really having fun in their new tank. Now I need some color in the tank
    My Aquarium Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

0 Not allowed!
    Those long fins sure are gook looking fish, even without being colored-up yet!
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yea hopefully I can get some babies they really do look nice wished the store had them the first time i got fish I would have gotten all long fins

I need to edit one my pics later but I got a nice shot of my assassin snail on the hunt. he started in middle of tank and made a beeline for the first snail on the glass
    My Aquarium Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish   thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish   You help a lot - PhillipOrigami   For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff   beautiful discus! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Garlic is NOT an antibiotic in any proven manner; as for the long list you give only one I've ever seen is as a food additive for internal parasites. If you are suggesting these benifits for people ("lowers cholesterol levels") you are on the wrong forum.
    Knowledge is fun(damental)

A 75 gal with eight Discus, fake plants, and a lot of wood also with sand substrate. Clean up crew is down to just two Sterba's Corys. Filters: continuous new water flow; canister w/UV, in-tank algae scrubber!! Finally, junked the nitrate removal unit from hell.

For Fishless cycling:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    no this was from a fish forum on the benefits of garlic for fish
    My Aquarium Journal

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast