· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yeah, BNPs can get spooked easily, I've had mine for months, but if I approach the tank quickly and she is out in the open, she scurries quickly away...I have to kind of sneak up on her to get a good close look when she's out, lol....normally she is under the arches of my DW and doesn't scare as easily from there

You really need to get them some fresh veggies when you can, they get over their shyness quickly when there's goodies to eat, lol....yellow (summer) squash is the easiest to start with, IMO...it is tender enough to feed raw, without blanching or microwaving....you can do something as simple as cutting one up into disks, and skewering them through the side peel with a (clean) bent wire coat hanger

Mrs. Slap bought a pair of extendable open-fire roasting forks that are used for roasting weinies/marshmallos/etc that work great, that's what I use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rome-Chrome-...-/370967938167
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 12-24-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    So I'm not the only one to make use of the family's food utensils.
    Does Mrs. Slap ever get mad?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well had to go out today to get antifreeze for father in laws truck which I am driving so I can run errands and check on him when he gets home. so went to Wally World man what a madhouse. some gal too busy texting ran her cart into the back of some guys heel and he went down in pain needless to say he got back up and tore into her.

so while i got the antifreeze I got a new jar of minced garlic since I was out and a can of french cut green beans and cucumbers were on sale for 75 cents so picked one of them up too. got home opened the beans and put a nice wad of garlic in there and plopped the lid on shook it up and put in fridge til lights out time tonight and I will drop one or two in there for the babies. they don't seem to find the algae wafers yet so either they got plenty to munch on on the wood rocks and things or too small to sniff them out lol. i need to get a vac to get the pieces out though.
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    You should use frozen green beans instead of canned, as the canned green beans usually have added sodium, which is definitely not good for freshwater fish.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dont think that much will hurt ive seen lot of pleco threads where ppl use the canned french cut green beans besides most plecos can do fine in brackish water so that little salt wont hurt them. plus this del monte brand is what the previous owner fed these guys
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol these plecos are pigs they whittling my driftwood down to nothing, then all over the glass (too much glass for them i need some kind of fish that cleans the glass, put 1/4 a zuchhini in there and they tearing it apart like ravenous dogs
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    So I'm not the only one to make use of the family's food utensils.
    Does Mrs. Slap ever get mad?
    LOL, we only have used those forks once before, on a trip to Big Bend...they are now fish forks, officially...Mrs, Slap has incredible patience with my fishkeeping obsession, thankfully
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Couple Pics of my lil Voracious Critters

My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the Zuc has been in for a couple days I will replace it with a fresh one today and blanch it too just so it makes it softer in case it will matter to them then rub with some more garlic
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

10. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I don't see the need to blanch zucchini. I use it raw and both the adults and babies go at it voraciously, even gnawing the rind. I cut a 3-4" chunk and halve it the long way (goes in two tanks). Stick the handle of a spoon through it just inside the rind and it sinks. In one tank I can remove the spoon using aquarium tweezers. The other tank is deeper but my spoon handle sort of flares out. So I am able to tie a string around this and the zucchini hangs instead of resting on the tank bottom. Easy retrieval with the string.

What is the benefit of the garlic? I haven't heard of using this before.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast