· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they will get 3"-4" so yea they will stay small like a regular BN. all the ones i have seen are usually round the 3 to 3 1/2 range. this spring when I get my longfin albino I will breed them for long fins. I was thinking going with the long fin blue eyes but dont think the blue eyes will look good on this particular species. but there are guys breeding them for long fins and they are absolutely gorgeous
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good Joe, congrats on the new inhabitants!....I would seriously consider a pre-filter sponge, or you may lose some shrimp
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they stay pretty far away from it and it is like 6 inches off the bottom. I will prob get one soon though just in case later I get any babies from anyone since it creates a good strong current and some the fish had a prob at the start getting blown around but now they doing good they used to it
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

1 Not allowed!
    +1 on the pre-filter sponge. They will find a way of squeezing in - believe me

Nice to see some photos. Your tetra and BNPs look great!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    now do those sponges affect the filter at all? like does it put undo strain on the pump in the filter?
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    thanks the algae wafer there in the pic has zucchini in it too. but yea I will be getting some more garlic and a zucchini too for them they loves garlic. then every couple weeks some fruit, piece of broccoli and lettuce
    Sounds god. Be careful how much broccoli you feed - it causes gas (bloat).
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, RCS, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    now do those sponges affect the filter at all? like does it put undo strain on the pump in the filter?
    No if the sponges have big enough holes. I know there are forum members who use pre-filter sponges. I just purchased 2 Fluval Edge pre-filter sponges (recommended by a forum member) to try on my 2 Rena canisters. Fits over the intake like a glove. They have them at petco and petsmart online.

Last edited by gronlaura; 12-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, RCS, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    I was going to try the Fluval sponge like gronlaura suggests, but another forum member advised that these sponges are quite dense and need cleaning very often. He suggested an AC110 sponge for my Eheim filter intake. Do you have to clean the Fluval very often, gronlaura? For me, I would like to clean a pre filter sponge only about once a week, on PWC day.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I was going to try the Fluval sponge like gronlaura suggests, but another forum member advised that these sponges are quite dense and need cleaning very often. He suggested an AC110 sponge for my Eheim filter intake. Do you have to clean the Fluval very often, gronlaura? For me, I would like to clean a pre filter sponge only about once a week, on PWC day.
    Will be setting up the canister on the first 29 gal this week - just added my rinsed black sand, so this will be a good test to see how quickly it clogs. If it's bad, I will try the AC sponge.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    kk thanks guys someone said they use panty hose on their filters but to me those would restrict the flow too much pantyhose are fairly dense

yea be careful on the broccoli got it dont want them farting too much
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail