· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good Joe....those stacked rocks still concern me a bit...I'd feel much better with them that way if I were you if they were siliconed together so they couldn't tumble once fish are in there, but maybe I'm just being overly cautious
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they are jammed together pretty good plus once the moss gets growing over them and attaching to them it will basically glue them all together even more.

I agree with ya abt should have probably siliconed them but I wont have any fish in there big enough to move them either
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

0 Not allowed!
    Ok good if you aren't worried about them then I'm not either

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just had a night from hell and time for early bed lol.

it is -2 F out without counting windchill.

watched grand kids was using father in laws truck. went to get gas afterwards turned into gas station tire on passenger side blew out think it broke its bead cause was too cold cause it went immediate flat. tunnel to lower spare was broke so had to mess with that. step ups he has were attached where jack went so had to fight to find a place for jack to work 4 places til it worked.

no cell phone, no gloves, and 90 mins in sub zero weather changing tire. needless to say I'm frozen, tired, and cranky tonight I wont be leaving house rest of winter lol.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yikes gloves can be a necessity in that weather! glad you didn't get frostbite (assuming I'd see plenty of typos if you did)!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol I try to use spell check but grand kids only a couple miles away and went another mile for the gas but I needed to change tire no matter what. what makes it worse is way back when I had minor frostbite so it really burns my fingers in the cold.

I just posted in local club forum (its a totally dead forum but a couple guys active. and seeing if my local breeder buddy has any red BN plecos growing out
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well other than getting up in middle of night to do my thing and take dog out lol yes got dressed and took dog out was -8F without windchill, I got like 12 hrs sleep rofl im used to only 3 to 4 a night and being fully rested. it got so cold last night my water went from 80F down yo 76F so I bumped the heater up a little bit to get the temp back up there. this house is old and drafty so the sub zero temps really came in last night even though we keep the house at 72 year round.

I hope the cool water doesnt slow down my cycle
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, um no....there's no way I'd survive in weather like that....we complain when it's in the 40's here, lol....that's cold where I live

The tank temp drop should not have much effect on your cycle, I believe....just maintain around 80 like you are doing, you'll be fine...be sure when raising/lowering tank temp to do it SLOWLY, a few degrees at a time over several hours, once you have fish in there

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    well other than getting up in middle of night to do my thing and take dog out lol yes got dressed and took dog out was -8F without windchill, I got like 12 hrs sleep rofl im used to only 3 to 4 a night and being fully rested. it got so cold last night my water went from 80F down yo 76F so I bumped the heater up a little bit to get the temp back up there. this house is old and drafty so the sub zero temps really came in last night even though we keep the house at 72 year round.

I hope the cool water doesnt slow down my cycle
    Joe, what type of heater(s) do you have in the tank? I am in Elgin, same weather as you, and I have two 250w Aqueon Pro Heaters. I have no problem keeping my tank at 77.7 deg and my house gets down to 63-64 deg at night. If your tank temp decreased, you do not have enough wattage in your heater(s). You may need more wattage or just a second heater (which I recommend for a 75 gal). Being I'm in NE Illinois, I want way more wattage than is needed. I am using 300w inline heaters on each of my 29 gals, just to be safe.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yea i have 300 Watt heater in tank it does a good job im up to 78 now it just got so cold last night and I think part of reason it went down last night is I left basement door open for doggy so if he had to go potty I put some newspapers down there when I go to bed early cause he so used to me taking him out every 2 hrs even at night when i am normally up til 4 am so I think since we have no seals left around the back door and the breeze was coming in slightly close to the tank that caused it otherwise my temp hadn't changed since I set it up. it was just one of those weird events

I should point out my tank is also by the heater vent in the wall so that helps a lot. and how often do we get to -8 without windchill rofl not that often so I think for now I am plenty fine. I will get an inline next year when I can afford it
    Last edited by JoeH; 12-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast