· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well today was fun father in law B day today he turned 83 and he fell and hit his knee and had to be taken to hospital then he had a reaction to the morphine which lowered his blood pressure way low. he has to stay overnight for observation.

But tonight I am boiling my driftwood for 3rd time. I boil 1 side for abt an hour and half then the other side. when I am done the water looks like a really weak tea but there is a lot of brown still in the water I think it will take a few more boilings to get all the tannins out.
    My Aquarium Journal
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...=1#post1186825

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    5 Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

75 Gal Planted tank 65% stocked

2. Default

2 Not allowed!
    too bad about your father in law. I hope all goes well t here.

I wouldn't worry about any lingering tannins. they will all eventually leach out and in the meantime, I think the light tea tint to the water is kind of pretty. and tannins don't hurt anything.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well i am just finished my 3rd one I will probably boil it one more time then call it quits. its more for the wife shes really picky so after 25 yrs of marriage i get left alone because I have esp and can read her mind ROFL

I got her pretty well trained to where she always leaves me alone and do what I want without asking any questions etc we basically just do our own things around the house and don't complain. it works out really well but the aquarium is something different she wants involved in it so I must do it right
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well today I got my wood for my stand and went over to dads cabinet shop. it started out rocky with Mr know it all trying to redesign my stand lol by the time he would have been finished with it it would have withstood abt 6 tons weight and cost me 3 grand. finally i told him to shut up and just cut the damn wood i would build it my way and if it fell it was my prob but it is a proven design.

his answer was i know how to build in strength i don't care what other ppl or aquarium manufacturers do they don't know anything rofl

that's my papa rofl. but he settled down when he knew i wasn't gonna listen and we got all the lengths cut and stopped for the day as he said it will take him several hours to set up the dado on radial arm saw for our lap joints. IE get the hell home ill finish all the wood the way i want and call you to come get it when im done. I guarantee that's what will happen.

I also got a 48" t8 2 bulb fluorescent light fixture today for 10 bucks at hardware store will get some grow lights and probably another fixture when I get to doing the hood.

they also have the aquarium grow lights there for it for 14 bucks for a pair so good price.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving.

today im doing some cleaning and then while waiting on dad to set up the saw stuff so I can go out there I will be cutting my outside wood covering and staining it. it will be a light walnut because it will match my wood best.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Awards Showcase

Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hope you had a great one too, Joe...be sure to take soem pics when you and Pop get rolling on the stand
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just had a brainstorm on my background. see the wife got the background with the roots hanging down and rocks on bottom. If I can go down by the river and find some nice root stock and boil them down, I then cut angles on the ends and silicone them to the back glass giving me a 3D effect. the roots in the background will be like farther away and then the roots attached to the back glass will appear in the foreground.

it will really look cool that is IF I can find some nice roots.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Awards Showcase

Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I am not a big fan of the "picture" backgrounds, but this idea sounds pretty neat!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    me neither but she who must be kept happy liked it. However I think it will work great in this tank due to the picture it is.

I hit the trifecta today then doubled down and won again!!!!!

1: Aquarium heater came in today so monday I should have the rest of my stuff

2: found a local guy on the local fish group that has 1700 gallons of aquariums and offered me as much bacteria media as my filter can handle.

3: aquarium guy says he has a bunch of juvenile Green Dragon Hairy faced Plecos abt 1 to 1 1-2 inches long and i can have a couple if i wanted. I think it took me abt 4 seconds to think abt it and said heck yea are you crazy of course i want them ROFL (didn't quite say it that way but it was really close to it lol)

So I thought I would double down and go to an area of the flood plains that has a lot of trees looking for some driftwood that would match the color on my background and Bam I found a couple really sweet pieces brought them home put against the background and they were an almost perfect match color wise.
    My Aquarium Journal

4 Spotted Corys
    2 Peppered Corys
    3 Super Red Plecos
    10 Ghost Shrimp
    9 Black Skirt Tetra
    6 Mickey Mouse Play
    1 Assassin Snail

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    So cool to have a local group of fishkeepers, none in my area that I can find...no clubs or organizations, this far east of Houston anyway...

The Green Gragon bristle-nose are neat and peaceful, but those long fins are very tempting to any fish that is prone to nipping

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast