· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Hows this look for a Mbunas tank?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok this is a tight fit for rocks! but I want some room for them to swim also. So take a look and let me know what you think and if I should change anything before I start putting sand in the bottom. There's plenty of caves in front and back.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That looks great! I think they'll enjoy all the hiding spots. I know for a fact that cichlids love exploring.

How long did it take you to set that up? I feel like it would be such a hassle to place them properly. Are you going to silicon the rocks together, or is the pile sturdy enough to where the rocks won't shift?
    Goldfish Lover

Machete - ♀ 3 year old orange fantail
    Tanchi - ♀ 2 year old red/white ryukin [white is currently taking over the red]
    Denali - ♂ 2 year old black moor [pitch black]
    Ricochet - ♂ 1 year old calico lionhead
    Legacy - ♀[?] <1 year old calico fantail

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I made them sturdy so they don't move at all. it took a few hours just to put them the way I wanted. But then I redid them again once the sand was put in.

1 Not allowed!
    looks great. The only suggestion I can make (not knowing what more filtration you have than the HOB you can see in the pic) is to arrange your canister filter output or add a powerhead along the back of the tank or at the rocks to reduce dead spots back there.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great - just make sure you have enough of a gap between the rocks, and keep an eye on your fish. Mbuna can be known to really squeeze themselves between rocks and occasionally they will get stuck (I met someone with a breeding female that did this).

Will you be stocking with all males or a mixed bunch? Do post updated photos once the sand is in.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking all male since I don't want babies. I also just added another Penguin bio wheel 350 so two for filtering. Here are a couple pics with sand the rocks ended up diff because I couldn't get them back to the same when I took them out for the sand. LOL O well I like how it turned out.

0 Not allowed!
    Erm...please tell me that rock isn't sitting on the sand? Why did you remove the rocks to put the sand in? You should always have rocks in place first, BEFORE adding the substrate.

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    LOL No rocks on sand I only took the rocks on top off so I could put the sand around the bottom ones. All bottom rocks are sitting on egg crate. You can see it in the first pic in the first post.

0 Not allowed!
    Phew! I was getting worried then!

In that case, it looks great!

Awards Showcase

For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady 
    Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 

1 Not allowed!
    Lol, my heart skipped a beat for a quick minute too when I read you removed the rocks to put the sand in. It looks great with a lot of gaps for the fish to claim.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.