· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok but not 10 of each fisdh right 10 of each class like 10 total cory 10 total hatchet etc? of these small type of fish whats the max i would want in a 75g?

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah 10 of each species, If your going to keep two different schools of Hatchets for example, you could probably get by with 8 silvers and 8 marble. Same with your Corys if you want more than one species 6-8 of each would be acceptable.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well i was almost in the doghouse hehe forgot to make deviled eggs today for snacking on this weekend but I showed her the fish i chose and she was happy.

PS I never actually get in the doghouse after 24 yrs I have her trained pretty good. I only see her for a couple hrs in the evenings then shes in bed and off to work before i get up and on weekends shes alway out running round with her sister before i get up and dont come home til 7 or 8 in evening then falls asleep in her chair lol lifes so wonderful

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was wondering I have read that Krylon Fusion is aquarium safe and I saw one post said any krylon paint was safe.

I was wondering if anyone has used Krylon Make It Stone paints?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wife just texted make room for the fishys god i hope she wasnt stupid and bought them yet

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea about the paint, sorry...and I sure hope she's talking about bringing you a bigger tank, and not fish...there's no way you are ready yet

BTW, awesome fish selection, Joe, they're gonna look great together...I love my hatchets and Sterbai coryys, you will too
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol she said hope you cleaned the dining room (aka my office) and made room for the fishies

lol we have no dining room its just an office with my desk computer filing cabinets etc we been together 26 yrs and married 24 we dont eat together or at the table I eat at my desk rofl

But!!!! she hinted at how much she liked the King Tiger Pleco and how we might be able to get 1 high dollar fish )))

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well maybe not he would eat all my shrimps

Tank compatibility

Peaceful towards tank mates, but may pose a threat to fry. Will be mildly territorial towards other Plecos, but as long as there's enough caves they should be fine.

Diet

This is a carnivorous pleco, feed with sinking wafers and pellets, shrimp, bloodworm, brine shrimp and mussel.

Feeding regime

Feed once a day.

Environment Specifics

Requires a spacious, mature and well filtered tank. Does well with a strong current and requires many caves in which to hide and stake claim to.

Behaviour

Can be territorial towards conspecifics, but as long as there's plenty of caves these Plecos are more peaceful compared to other Plecos and can share their tank with other Hypancistrus.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    King Tiger Pleco

Kingtigerpleco.jpg

Hypancistrus sp "L066"
    Difficulty
    Moderate
    Min. Tank Size
    75.7 Litres (20 US G.)

Size
    10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")

sg
    Freshwater

pH
    5.8 - 7.0

Temp.
    25 -29 C (77-84.2F)

Water Hardness
    6-16 d

Stocking Ratio
    1:1 M:F

Availability
    Uncommon

Diet
    Carnivore
    Pellet Foods
    Flake Foods
    Live Foods

Life Span
    5-8 years

Habitat
    South America

Family
    Loricariidae
    Last edited by JoeH; 11-16-2013 at 09:58 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    lol she said hope you cleaned the dining room (aka my office) and made room for the fishies

lol we have no dining room its just an office with my desk computer filing cabinets etc we been together 26 yrs and married 24 we dont eat together or at the table I eat at my desk rofl

But!!!! she hinted at how much she liked the King Tiger Pleco and how we might be able to get 1 high dollar fish )))
    HA, no, but I do have Mrs. Slap giving the house a good vacuuming right now...got her trained well...j/k, she'd give me "the look" if she knew I told you that

So what was she talking about, she didn'y buy fish, did she?

That KT pleco is very cool, doesn't get too big, but you'd have to ask steeler1 about the compatability with the other fish you have chosen...if he eats shrimp, might not be a good idea, but like I said before, ANY fish with a mouth big enough will find shrimp, especially the baby ones, quite tasty...that's what is cool about the RCS, they bread so prolifically in most tanks, enough will be able to find hiding places to avoid being gobbled up, so you'll always have some anyway
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast