· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @firefly - Thank you for the expert advise... I'll think on it and will decide ASAP...

As said i will be getting the API water testing kit in December.. And yes i do have a heater with plastic cage to protect it..

I do 25% weekly water change....and i Bi-weekly Shiphon the Gravels and monthly I clean my internal filters(2 at a time out of 4)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Madagascariensis - We do have all the brands here.. we do also have API water testing kit but because it imports the cost is high..

The normal temperature in my house is April to October - 32 to 25 degrees Celsius and October to Feb - 25 to 15 degrees Celsius.. So heater is required only from November to Feb end..

Thanks
    Bhupesh

1 Not allowed!
    Ok, until you get your water testing kits, can you do a 25% water change every other day, or increase the weekly change to 50-75%? I'd siphon the gravel at least weekly (given the messy fish you have). What concerns me is you might be running this tank with toxins ever present in the water column and this will be poisoning your fish slowly.

Really - all of this is speculation until you have your water test kits.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupeshkhanna View Post
    The normal temperature in my house is April to October - 32 to 25 degrees Celsius and October to Feb - 25 to 15 degrees Celsius.. So heater is required only from November to Feb end..
    Bhupesh
    Now my concern is how stable the tank temperature is. Do you keep a thermometer in the tank? Fish can also get stressed out from temp swings as well - that's why its important to try and match new water to what is in the tank when doing a water change.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes i do have a thermometer in the tank and i always keep the temperature stable.. I keep it between 26 and 27 degrees... And Yes, before adding new water, i always match the temperature of the new water to that what is in the tank

6. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Hello Everyone..

Update - I have returned all my fishes to the lfs except 2 Oscars and 5 Parrots.. Hope things will be better now.. Will soon install FX5 or equivalent to the existing filtration..

Thanks
    Bhupesh

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I believe you are now on the right track, good for you!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    @Slaphppy7 - Thanks to you and all the other members here for the expert advice and valuable information..

Thanks
    Bhupesh

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    You are quite welcome Bhupesh
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

10. Default

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupeshkhanna View Post
    Hello Everyone..

Update - I have returned all my fishes to the lfs except 2 Oscars and 5 Parrots.. Hope things will be better now.. Will soon install FX5 or equivalent to the existing filtration..

Thanks
    Bhupesh
    We're very proud of you, it must've been a hard decision, but it shows true love to put the health of your pet above your own happiness. My only concern is you kept all the fish that are going to get big and need a lot of territory or they'll become very aggressive to each-other. If you like the parrot fish so much, why not have a species only tank with them? A 200gal would be perfect for 5 parrot fish! I'm just concerned that 7 big cichlids will still be too much for the tank when they each full size just in terms of them attacking eachother. I saw a red devil (part of the mix that makes a parrot fish) once eat his female mates head off, and they were in a 100gal tank by themselves and had been a pair for two years without issue! I know it sounds silly when you can look at your tank and see the fish have room, but they're going to be 3-4 times the size they are now when they grow up and as much as it sucks to take fish back, it's worse to spend years bonding to them and then waking up to a massacre in your tank. You've done great so far to make your fish happy, I would just ask you to strongly consider taking the oscars back and having a species only tank of the parrot fish if you want all of them to make it.
    70 Gal Planted Rio Negro Angelfish Biotope with:
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    11 Glo Light tetras, 6 Black Skirted Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants:
    Giant Amazon Sword, Narrow Leaf Java, Val, moss on driftwood