· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Smile My upgrade to 200 Gallons... :) from 80 Gallons

3 Not allowed!
    Hello Everyone,

I actually ordered for 300 Gallon but its not in stock and the importer gave me 200 Gallons instead.. IMG_2364.jpgIMG_2366.jpg

Happy with 200 Gallons.. :) .. Hopefully will upgrade to 300 gallons a year later... All my fishes are happy and enjoying the space...! I am happy..

I have attached couple of pics hope you all will like it.. Any aqua-spacing advise is welcome.. Looking forward for your views...

Thanks
    Bhupesh

Awards Showcase

Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank!...what is the stocking of fish in there?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Slaphppy7 - Thank you for the like...! :) The stockings are the same as in my previous 80 gallons i.e. 2 oscar + 7 red parrot + 8 Tinfoils + 1 blue dolphin cichlid + 1 electric blue cichlid + 2 electric yellow cichlid + 1 jewel cichlid.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    all I can say is :O!!!!!!!!
    70 Gal Planted Rio Negro Angelfish Biotope with:
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    11 Glo Light tetras, 6 Black Skirted Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants:
    Giant Amazon Sword, Narrow Leaf Java, Val, moss on driftwood

Awards Showcase

Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ Is that good or bad, lol...I am interested to hear some comments on this stocking

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh sorry lol, that was that "OMG I AM SO F-ING JEALOUS!!!!" face. Looks like you have a few red parrots and tin foil barbs? It's kind of fuzzy in the pic and hard to make out how many and what's in there. I could give more comments on the stocking if you listed what was in the tank :)
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants:

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupeshkhanna View Post
    The stockings are the same as in my previous 80 gallons i.e. 2 oscar + 7 red parrot + 8 Tinfoils + 1 blue dolphin cichlid + 1 electric blue cichlid + 2 electric yellow cichlid + 1 jewel cichlid.
    I'm special I missed this lol. Honestly, I think you might have too many parrots, parrots can get BIG, as big as oscars which means you have 9 fish that can get 10" or more and then the tin foils get to be 6" full grown and the cichlids reach about that too, when you add up just the approx full grown amount of fish in regards to inches you're breaking the 1" per gallon of fish rule. And with such large fish make sure you're like quadruple over-filtering because they're all high waste producing fish. That's just my 2cents though. Regardless, SUPER envious that you have a 200 gal tank, my current biggest is 70gal.
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants:

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No problem, I don't know much about the parrots but I was under the impression that they do get very big

Exclamation

2 Not allowed!
    I don't want to be overly negative, but this is a very strange stocking list to me. You may be ok with the oscars and tinfoils for a while, but I think tinfoils grow very large and, squashed in with oscars and parrots (who can get pretty bulky) it will be grossly overstocked.

You also appear to have Malawi cichlids mixed with South American cichlids. These fish should not be kept together and have completely different environmental requirements. What is the hardness and pH of your water?

From my experience with SA cichlids, they like a lot of cover and shady parts - your tank seems quite exposed and bright. Perhaps you could add some floating plants - fake if necessary.

If you absolutely have to have company for your oscars then these could work...

Setup 1 = Soft water and acidic: 2 oscar + 7 red parrot (but will outgrow the tank)
    OR
    Setup 2 = Soft water and acidic: 2 oscar + 8 Tinfoils (but will outgrow the tank)

The rest need rehoming.

This fish has no place with oscars...
    Setup 3 = Soft water and acidic: 1 jewel cichlid

These fish need their own tank...
    Setup 4 = Hard water and alkaline: 1 blue dolphin cichlid + 1 electric blue cichlid + 2 electric yellow cichlid
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the above stated, except I feel that the 2 oscars and 8 tinfoils would be perfectly fine in a 200. In my LFS there's a 150 with two full grown oscars and 6 tinfoils and they all have space and get along great, it's show tank, not a sales tank.

Personally if I were you I would do the 2 oscars, 8 tinfoil set-up. I think those two fish compliment eachother well and make for a show stopping tank set up. Parrots tend to not be too highly regarded in the trade because of the many health problems they have because they're a "designer" fish. They don't occur in nature and are engineered by mixing fish species, maybe of them die young because they have issues eating from the deformed mouth shapes they're bred for. I personally had a couple that were very happy and healthy and even tried to spawn until my mum killed them off when I left for college, they can make for great pet. It's just even with a 300gallon tank, all those fish wouldn't fit, so if you can I would return the parrots and the mixed cichlids and keep the oscars and the tinfoils. I think you will be very happy with that tank set-up :)
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants: