· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Question

1. Default Question

0 Not allowed!
    Will 2 female blue platies be ok in about 3 gallons of water for about 6 to 8 hours without a filter (will be heated)? I'm getting them tomorrow after waiting for 2 months for them to get them in, and am unable to get them home to my tank before that. Will drip acclimate for the temporary situation as well as when I get them home to my 46 gallon. Just trying to figure out if the messy fish will create toxic water too quickly in 3 gallons
    46 gallon bowfront: 1 angelfish, 1 GBR, 1 albino longfin BNP, 3 sunset mickey mouse platies, 3 blue mickey mouse platies, 9 cherry barbs, 9 harlequin rasboras

29 gallon dwarf puffer tank

Scheming show tank #3....

10 gallon pond snail breeding tank

0 Not allowed!
    I think so. if you could at least make sure there is some aeration and water movement(airstone perhaps?). a squeeze from a filter sponge
    in your 46 will ensure a small amount of bacteria is there to process any waste.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Forgot to mention I will have an airstone going in it as well. I would squeeze my filter in it but the temporary set up is going to be about 45 minutes drive from my tank at home so I can't unfortunately :-\ , and I have to have the temp set up due to some plans that I have had that I can't cancel. Kind of throwing together a temp tank in a 5 gallon bucket in an office (clean bucket had only been used for my aquarium) with a heater and an airstone so I can make sure to get the healthiest fish I can out of the group they got. As I said, I've been waiting for 2 months for these fish, I don't want to risk missing them. Going to take the fish home to a regular tank with filter etc already set up/cycled once I can, which will be about 8 hours after I'm picking them up from the store.
    46 gallon bowfront: 1 angelfish, 1 GBR, 1 albino longfin BNP, 3 sunset mickey mouse platies, 3 blue mickey mouse platies, 9 cherry barbs, 9 harlequin rasboras

29 gallon dwarf puffer tank

Scheming show tank #3....

10 gallon pond snail breeding tank

0 Not allowed!
    They will be fine. Don't forget, fish are sometimes in a bag with a couple cups of water for 2-3 days when shipped. The bucket with the heater and airstone will be sufficient for that period of time. If you are worried about ammonia, throw a handful of zeolite in there with them.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1