· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Lightbulb Types of Fish for Each 5gal Nano Tank Biome

0 Not allowed!
    I'm in the Beginner Freshwater Forum section, simply because I don't know where else would be better for this post, luckily I'm a beginner, so at least half of the title is acceptable. This might take a while, so lets start. I had this really awesome idea, I've had my big premier tank for a little while now and was thinking of different ways I could go about in the future such as these options:

- One Big tank w/ optional quarantine tank
    - Two half size tanks example - Planted tank, Reef tank
    - Several smaller nano tanks

Then all of a sudden I decided I could keep my big tank (which I would have anyway) and thought of having several nano tanks based off the three main biomes: Freshwater, Brackish, Saltwater, and I have a really long table behind my couch I could use the space for. These are the different separate biomes I'm doing:

Freshwater

- Lakes/Pond (Arctic)
    - Rivers/ Streams (Tropical)

Estuary

- Rivers to Oceans (Arctic)
    - Brackish Marsh (Tropical)

Saltwater

- Ocean (Arctic)
    - Reef (Tropical)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So not to bombard everyone with so many biomes, but I would like to have AT LEAST three different fish for each biome that can get along, I like to slightly overcrowd my tanks, so five different fish for each biome (a fish per gallon) would be much appreciated.

Also, what kind of aquascape could I do for each one? I already know I have to get 3 chillers and 3 heaters.......

Another thing I might have to point out, I'm a noobie when it comes to Brackish water and have NO clue what I'm doing in Saltwater, I know my stuff in Freshwater at least.

Any small input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by Squatchmen; 11-06-2013 at 02:00 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    What's a biome? And what do you mean by arctic? Temperate climate? Did you already see if there's chillers that can do a mere 5 gallon?

0 Not allowed!
    I highly doubt you can have 3 species in a 5 gallon. In most cases even one species or just one fish is way too much. The fish per gallon thing is a ridiculous myth. Fish range from .8 cm to 5+m, and although many aquarium fish fall in the 1-10 cm range, most still require way more than 1 gallon. I highly suggest you ditch the arctic biomes. Most of the hobby is centered around tropical fish, and it will be much easier and cheaper to work with that than to have to buy expensive chillers and hunt down species that may not exist in the aquarium trade.