· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the tanks parameters are starting to get better finally after almost three weeks. I've been changing 5 gallons almost every day and if I miss a day I changed 10 gallons instead.
    salt is at 1.024sg
    ph went up to 8.4
    ammonia dropped from 1.5 to 1
    nitrites have been at 0 or close to 0 the whole time?
    nitrates have gone down from 20 to 15
    I added a Mexican turbo snail also and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't die on me, I just cant stand the green algae on my tonga rocks, the pukani Fiji or whatever it is is still looking nice at least.
    I guess i'll take the five pound live rock out of the quarantine tank after it cures in there for the main tank and just do waterchanges in the quarantine if I need it later.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My nitrates are down to 10 and the ammonia is down to .75 now so it is almost cycled. I have found a great home for my Columbian cat/ blackfin shark who is adjusted to full marine, and will be replacing him with a small bonded pair of gold band maroon clownfish. I cant wait to add a nice anemone in a few months for them to call home.

0 Not allowed!
    Be careful adding such potentially aggressive fish with your puffer. Sometimes, maroon clown fish can harass other tank mate to death, especially more peaceful fish like your puffer.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A nice lady recommened me to get a tomato clown instead from a Pufferfish forum. Would you agree the Tomato would be a more plausible match?

0 Not allowed!
    A tomato clown certainly a better choice, but it might just be the lesser of two evils

While they are still considered semi-aggressive, they may not get that aggressive if you add one when they are very small. It's still a risk, but it might be worth a try if you can re-home him if needed.

Have you considered a dwarf lionfish, like a fumanchu for example ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really like the Fu Manchu lionfish, but it looks really difficult to feed. What do you think about the Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish? http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/produ...pid=435&cid=20 Would this be easier to feed?

0 Not allowed!
    Cool looking fish. It looks like he would fit in with your puffer nicely.

Usually most of the lion fish are difficult to some at least some extent to get to eat frozen foods at first. But once they catch on to it, they will eat very well. There are a lot of tricks you can use to get them to eat.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do like the looks of the Fu Manchu better and the smaller size of 5 inches versus 7 inches is better for my aquarium size and amount of rock scape. If live feeder shrimp wont bankrupt me until I teach it to eat frozen I'm down. Cant be any worse than cycling my tank the last few weeks with daily store bought saltwater, lol. I feed the piffer frozen bait shrimp snails and mussels, you think the lionfish will try to get in on that food too?

0 Not allowed!
    The dwarf lion that I had ate pcs of shrimp, clams, and mussels. I just had to use tweezers to spot feed him and make sure the pcs were small enough not to cause problems for his digestive system. You have to be careful not to over feed these guys and they will eat enough to cause a intestinal blockage which is fetal in most situations.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll see if I can find one in the Houston area tomorrow. I have to go in town anyways for one of the lfs Christmas sale and raffle for a bunch of cool stuff, like a 100 gallon reef tank with stand. What are the odds they have a Fu Manchu and hook me up with a bigger tank, I could keep the 40 breeder for a sump, lol.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast