Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal



Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91

Thread: Platy - Ich?

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    My apologies. I've been reading too many posts and got your thread mixed up with another one. The question was meant for another thread :o(
    Hahaha ok my friend. No problem.
    Dimitris

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    White marks are getting multiplied. And even many times Platies are moving and eat they spend more time at the gravel and seem very weak. How long will it take before something good starts happening?
    Dimitris

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkatsariotis View Post
    White marks are getting multiplied. And even many times Platies are moving and eat they spend more time at the gravel and seem very weak. How long will it take before something good starts happening?
    The fish don't feel well, that's why they are inactive.
    How long have you had the heat at a steady 86F? It generally takes 5 - 7 days for the spots to all drop off.
    You must remember that ich generally starts in the gills and we don't see it. Once it appears on the body, the protozoan is well established and can be lethal. I hope it's not the case, but you may still lose some fish to this horrible bug.
    Fingers crossed that all will go well.
    Last edited by fishmommie; 11-04-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    The fish don't feel well, that's why they are inactive.
    How long have you had the heat at a steady 86F? It generally takes 5 - 7 days for the spots to all drop off.
    You must remember that ich generally starts in the gills and we don't see it. Once it appears on the body, the protozoan is well established and can be lethal. I hope it's not the case, but you may still lose some fish to this horrible bug.
    Fingers crossed that all will go well.
    It has been 2 days with the heat at 26F, so we have to wait and see... :-(
    Dimitris

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you my friend. I noticed that when they stay still at the gravel for a long time then suddenly they start moving fast and scratch on the glass, plants, gravel. Maybe they gather power to do that and get rid of the spots?
    Dimitris

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkatsariotis View Post
    Thank you my friend. I noticed that when they stay still at the gravel for a long time then suddenly they start moving fast and scratch on the glass, plants, gravel. Maybe they gather power to do that and get rid of the spots?
    I suspect it's more like they are weakened from the condition but the parasites get so uncomfortable, they try to scratch them off.
    Again, hoping for the best.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I suspect it's more like they are weakened from the condition but the parasites get so uncomfortable, they try to scratch them off.
    Again, hoping for the best.
    Thank you. I will keep you informed.
    Dimitris

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,680

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkatsariotis View Post
    Thank you my friend. I noticed that when they stay still at the gravel for a long time then suddenly they start moving fast and scratch on the glass, plants, gravel. Maybe they gather power to do that and get rid of the spots?
    What you are describing is "flashing" - it's what fish do when they are irritated - they will do it even when you don't see any spots on them but that's a sign that something is not right.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mintilogli, Patra - Greece
    Posts
    62

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imma24 View Post
    What you are describing is "flashing" - it's what fish do when they are irritated - they will do it even when you don't see any spots on them but that's a sign that something is not right.
    Hi, this behavior appeared when Ich spots appeared. So i hope they stop doing that when Ich goes away.
    Dimitris

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •