· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    On the net I found a few people that did 3d backgrounds by using blocks of foam and carving then coating them. I figured I had this foam already and its more strong structurally and I'm not relying on the cement for the structure of the arch.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update time... Ok so this weekend I got a bit of time to work on my arch. The foam that I used had such good "rock" shapes, from multiple batches of foam, already so I figured why fight it and used them in the design.
    Here's what I have so far:

The caves that I've created have pvc inserts and I've filled the gaps with spray foam. I'm almost done shaping the arch and should be ready to start coating with quikrete soon, then fish safe epoxy to seal it all up. I may also have to bore some holes to fill with weight (concrete most likely) because the 2 part foam has a buoyance of 60lbs per cubic foot and I have a ballpark of 2.5 cubic feet right now...

Also I visited the fish store on Friday and came home with a few new friends.

There are 4 total 1m/3f. I'll keep an eye on them once the mature a little more to make sure everyone is getting along ok (especially if he decides to pair with one of them.)

0 Not allowed!
    Not the wisest move in such a bare tank.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Not the wisest move in such a bare tank.
    Yeah I know... I figured with so few fish it won't be too big of an issue. They're the last ones until the arch is done. I was kind of thinking about digging out some of my old Legos and throwing some sweet buildings together and throwing them in the tank for the time being. That was the original plan to have a lego city inside the tank... ;)

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by audioscience10 View Post
    Yeah I know... I figured with so few fish it won't be too big of an issue.
    If you know then don't do it. Spend a few minutes reading up on rams, they always need cover otherwise they stress, pale and eventually get sick.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    awesome tank! I'm sure everyone on here has bought a fish without researching it, that's why we have forums with nice people that can help :) For the rams they will need some kind of cover, but they really thrive in a planted tank! I would love a tank that big to plant! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    awesome tank! I'm sure everyone on here has bought a fish without researching it
    Almost everyone

0 Not allowed!
    I'll stay out of this. Just added you to my ignore list so you shouldn't even show up on the new posts any more. good luck with the project!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll stay out of this. Just added you to my ignore list so you shouldn't even show up on the new posts any more. good luck with the project!
    Thank you!
    I would like to apologize to anyone reading for blowing up there. I have no problems with being told I'm wrong. It's just the arrogance and rudeness isn't necessary.

1 Not allowed!
    Almost everyone
    Yes, many of us have - but those of us who are in that category have run into major problems - like inadequate tank size, putting incompatible fish together, not providing necessary things in a tank for the fish to feel comfortable, etc.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in