· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New to the hobby...

0 Not allowed!
    Hi my name is Nic. I live in Michigan and am just getting into aquariums since its getting too darn cold to work in the garage ;)
    Over this last weekend I picked up a used 130 gallon tank that I'm going to be building the most tropical freshwater tank I can. So far my only experience with aquariums is the little 10g that we bought my girlfriends daughter to use as a nightlight. Turns out I liked watching the fish in there much more than she does. It just has a few Mollies, a black shark, an Oto, a couple tetras, a pleco and a big blue mystery snail. That tank pretty much takes care of itself except for adding food. I know I'm taking on a lot more with the larger tank, but I picked freshwater because of all the horror stories I hear about maintenance of salt. I figure I may finally go salt once my basement is finished and after I can successfully keep the freshwater fish alive.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I get a chance to take some. Right now I'm building a stand for it that will hopefully be done by the weekend, then I'll be figuring out décor. I'm sure I'll be here often to ask the experts plenty of questions.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome. Hope to see you around a lot.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

2 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum!

May I add that your 10gal tank sounds very overstocked - but that's for another thread : )
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by imma24 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

May I add that your 10gal tank sounds very overstocked - but that's for another thread : )
    Thanks! Yeah all the little guys in the tank seam more than happy, but I do think I'll be moving at least the shark to the new tank once its up and running since he's up to about 4" right now.

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome Nic. I've envious! The 130 is exactly the size tank I'd like to get next.
    I find the larger tanks much less work/gallon.

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum Nic, go Wolverines?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum :)
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along...
    IBC member

Awards Showcase

Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 
    Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]