· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 75 gallon aquascape

0 Not allowed!
    Thoughts, suggestions, comments-
    Last edited by KingFisher; 10-25-2013 at 01:34 AM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good your our on the right track. I would do some more rock stacking.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I forgot to mention it will be a central american cichlid tank with maybe one or two south american species. and stack more rocks how.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drose11111 View Post
    Thoughts, suggestions, comments-
    ]
    Those piece of smashed paving slab look artificial.
    You got only two levels, pebbles and log, something behind that will improve the tank
    Have you considered placing the log more to the left, up to the glass even? Might need to smooth the edge of it
    If this is going to stay unplanted I'd encourage some algae growth in there.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I would take that large slate on the right out and do the large log and just the pebble stones. I agree that the slate looks artificial and would reseve those stones for something like an african cichlid tank where stacking and flat make more sense.

I would also build sand up along the left hand side and the stump. I am a fan of open swimming space with something that points out the fish instead of being semi-intrusive with its size. If it was me I would make a cut on the wood and take that left 1/3rd off, then repossition its bottom edge to aim up toward the center column of the tank. Scatter the pebbles stones around and even though you are doing s/a and central american tank, I would still consider anubias and java ferns as they are tough and the wood will allow a lot of gripping where other plants in the substrate would fail.

Additionally, I would hide the heater behind the log.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll move it some to the left, but wouldnt this stop water flow around the log? and should i place some large rocks instead of slate? or just use small rock with the driftwood as centerpiece?

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Black outline is remove, red is where i suggested the cut, green is where you could dremel holes and use as a pot to grow plants without worrying about to much issue.
    Last edited by Sandz; 10-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I think that the large rocks should be limited. It takes up uneeded focal attention. And water flow shouldnt be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drose11111 View Post
    I'll move it some to the left, but wouldnt this stop water flow around the log? and should i place some large rocks instead of slate? or just use small rock with the driftwood as centerpiece?

1 Not allowed!
    here's my thoughts,

Have the log just left of the center, get a 1/2 5 gallon bucket of rounded pebbles (quarter size ish) and pour around the base of the log, and that's it.

I'm thinking in a stream, the little pebbles usually all form around larger driftwood pieces

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay cool i think that will look good, some java ferns on the driftwood, and what color background should I do?