· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Local/State club info postings?

0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps I missed it, being new here, but is there a section to post local/state information regarding club meetings/auctions/swaps?
    If not, that might be helpful for folks trying to connect with nearby fishkeepers.

0 Not allowed!
    ok, no response, so how about another question:
    Is it acceptable to announce/promote local/state club meetings that might be of regional interest?

0 Not allowed!
    As we do not have a specific section for that, I would suggest using the charter box section

But please keep in mind, while it is OK to post and talk about meeting and things like that, you can not promote clubs or club activities on the forum
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    ok, that's somewhat unclear...
    I can post and talk about meetings, but I can't promote clubs or activities?
    I promise I'm not trying to be dense, but if I make a post announcing an upcoming annual club expo/meeting in February and mention the time, location, door prize drawings and speakers so folks know what to expect so they can decide if it's of interest to them.... I'm not sure if that's forbidden or permissible? Yes, it's promoting to let people know about the event, but it's also simply talking about an upcoming meeting.
    I don't want to get banned!

0 Not allowed!
    Here ‘s a few examples to try to explain this a little better:

Acceptable:

I’m going the XYZ show that is being put on by the ABC aquarium society. It should be a good time. Just wondering if anyone else was going? I was planning to go as I went to the show the put on last year and it was great. I inserted a link below if you want more information about the show
    Not acceptable:

Hey everyone, the ABC aquarium society is sponsoring the XYZ show . It will be this Saturday and Sunday at the down town convention center from 8:00am to 6:00pm and admission is only $5.00. There will be door prizes and lots of great deals if you want to buy fish or live plants. The Fish Company will be selling Rams , severums, and other types of fish at a reduced price from what they sell them for at the store. The Aquarium Plant Company will also be there offering good prices on java fern and java moss. and You can also buy filters made by Aquarium Filter Company as they will have a both set up. If you’re a member of the ABC aquarium society, you can get a 10% discount off all of their filters

If you will be in town this weekend, you should stop in and take advantage of the great deals

If you live in the area, you should also join the ABC Aquarium Society. It’s a great club with a lot of knowledgeable members. You can always find some to help you, or someone of is selling almost any type of fish or plant that you were looking for. There are a lot of benefits to joining.
    The point I was trying to show was that the first example was just talking about the show while the second one was trying to talk you into going.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! That's very helpful, and I appreciate the time you took to provide the examples for me.