· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_0323.jpg

Picture of the Angel's eye.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I might have figured out why this fish developed secondary problems. Besides it's eye becoming cloudy, I noticed it's dorsal fin was reddening, as if it were burnt by ammonia. I think the prolonged exposure to the quickcure to treat finrot might have caused chemical burns. Does this sound probable? Now treating fish with lifegaurd & hoping to see improvement so I don't have to put it down.
    Last edited by Discordia; 11-20-2013 at 11:53 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    What are your current water parameters after the water changes ?

How often and how much water are you changing right now ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The fish is in a QT aquarium. I made the mistake of not changing out enough water in my main aquarium during my weekly water changes. I read that it was bad to do such, but was advised on here otherwise. I've done many large water changes and corrected my nitrate problem in that aquarium. It wasn't until after I treated it with QuickCure & it's fin started healing that it's one eye turned cloudy & it's fin became bright red. Parameters of the QT:
    GH 180
    KH 80
    pH 7.0
    nitrite & nitrate 0

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I found my problem...

The QT tank is not established, I can use part of my filter pad to seed it with bacteria. I used the API master kit to check my ammonia levels. They are @ 2 ppm, definitely not good. Should I stop treatment until I have the QT more stabilized, or use something like Prime to make it less toxic?

0 Not allowed!
    Dosing prime to correct for ammonia will not be of too much help for your fish

Add some seeded filter media as well as large daily water changes to keep the ammonia to undetectable levels
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I figured prime probably wouldn't cut it...

Thanks Cliff. I will do that right now. I never imagined that ammonia could get so high within the matter of a day or two. Definitely a new lesson learned.