· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nano ?

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    O ya besides coral I would like to put cuc crabs, snails also some shrimp and a Anemone along with a clown fish. If I need to move up to a 20 gallon I could also do that to fit a couple a damsials in there also.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One more post lol
    I went to a page you have coral archives these are some of the ones I like and was reading they seem to be good.

Flower pot coral
    Duncan Coral
    Button polyps
    Finger leather

How well would these do together in a nano tank?
    Last edited by Freashfish; 10-30-2013 at 03:22 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    The clowns and almost all anemones will get too big pretty fast for a 10 gallon tank. I would not add either in a tank any smaller than a 29 gallon

I would recommend sticking to corals that you can frag as you have a very small tank which can become very overgrown very fast. Zoas, leathers, and almost all of the different types polyps would work fine

I would suggest a HOB skimmer. I only have experience with a AquaC ramora which I would think would work great on a 10 gallon tank. I would suggest a double bulb T5NO fixture with one super blue bulb (20,000K or higher) and a 14,000K white bulb. Assuming you are getting the skimmer, I would also add two Korillia nano powerheads. Along with about 10lbs of live rock, you should be set. As a option, a small HOB filter for some Chemi-Pure would also be helpful.

For the clean-up crew, I would suggest waiting to wait you have to clean up first as some types of crabs and snails prefer to eat only certain types of algaes.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ^^^^ Cool ! Thanks Cliff.
    Sound like a good place to start I'll start getting all the equipment together. There's a place in town that sell whole sale to pet stores. Think I'll stop in there and see if they can cut me a deal on a 29 gal tank. This will take a couple months to get the tank going ( Wife says bills come first LOL) Then the tank. What I learn now on what i need and what to do will get me ready for when its time to set up.

Thanks again Dean.