· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Nano ?

Hybrid View

1. Default Nano ?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 10 gal sitting here and would like to try a nano tank. Is there a list of equipment that I could look at or could someone give me a list? Thanks Dean.

0 Not allowed!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool Thank you

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's what I ran on my 10g when I had it running.

Lighting:
    4x24w T5HO

Flow:
    Koralia 1 (equivalent now to the Koralia Nano)
    Maxi Jet 1200 (pump on my skimmer)

Skimmer:
    CPR BakPak

While a skimmer isn't necessary on a tank this small, it surely can't hurt. Other than improving water quality and adding more flow, the skimmer also adds volume that can make a difference to a tank this small(about 10% of the total volume of the tank).
    50g African Cichlid Tank ♦ 30g Planted Community Tank ♦ 2g Pico Reef ♦ 45g Hex Goldfish Tank ♦ 10g Planted Betta Tank ♦ 55g Oscar & JD Tank ♦ 40g JD Juveniles Tank

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Here's what I ran on my 10g when I had it running.

Lighting:
    4x24w T5HO

Flow:
    Koralia 1 (equivalent now to the Koralia Nano)
    Maxi Jet 1200 (pump on my skimmer)

Skimmer:
    CPR BakPak

While a skimmer isn't necessary on a tank this small, it surely can't hurt. Other than improving water quality and adding more flow, the skimmer also adds volume that can make a difference to a tank this small(about 10% of the total volume of the tank).
    Thanks on this info! been doing a lot of reading and pricing hope to get it set up here soon.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    You surely won't regret researching and reading up on saltwater. Its so easy to waste a LOT of money, and time, and fishy lives by trying to do things too cheaply, without some foresight. And there's so many methods and so much equipment out there - you really do need to get a handle on the basics yourself, and then get help on the details and gaps you can't quite understand once you decide where you're going.

Saltwater is quite a different - but awesome - kettle of fish! (lol)

Most of us of AC, I think, lean to live rock filtration, rather than a power filter, so you might want to read up/factor that in as well. Live rock can be quite a cost, unless you are prepared to take the time to allow for seeding dead rock.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know next to nothing about salt, but I know a buddy of mine had pretty good luck setting up a nano using this forum as a resource: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums. No slight meant to the reefers here, but the more info the better. :)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    You surely won't regret researching and reading up on saltwater. Its so easy to waste a LOT of money, and time, and fishy lives by trying to do things too cheaply, without some foresight. And there's so many methods and so much equipment out there - you really do need to get a handle on the basics yourself, and then get help on the details and gaps you can't quite understand once you decide where you're going.

Saltwater is quite a different - but awesome - kettle of fish! (lol)

Most of us of AC, I think, lean to live rock filtration, rather than a power filter, so you might want to read up/factor that in as well. Live rock can be quite a cost, unless you are prepared to take the time to allow for seeding dead rock.
    That's what I was wondering about using live rock instead of a power filter. I'm going to a lfs in the next town over tomorrow that only deals in salt water and has a lot of dif coral, fish they sell and everything to do with salt water. The biggest thing i'm trying to figure out is all the equipment that I need since i'm going to use live rock and live sand.