2 C Lucens
    5-6 Temple Plants
    2-3 A. Reineckii
    R. Rotundifolia (may sell)
    R. Indica (may sell)
    Moneywort (may sell)
    3-4 Java Fern
    1 Unidentified bulb plant (24-30" tall)

Spoke with my plant guy and can get as many C Spiralis and C Parva as I want at his cost ($1-2 each)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Spiralis and parva and some of the best crypts!
    Check out my 55 Gallon, planted, Philly themed community tank! Rummynose and Cardinals, dwarf cichlids, plecos, shrimps

0 Not allowed!
    I am thinking probably 10-15 pots of parva for the front of the plants and probably around 8-10 pots of spiralis

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Parva takes forever in my tank but spiralis brows high and shoots runners. I think you could save on spiralis and simply split up each pot, space them in three triangles ( so each triangle fills in to one large plant) ad you're good to go.
    Check out my 55 Gallon, planted, Philly themed community tank! Rummynose and Cardinals, dwarf cichlids, plecos, shrimps

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, good idea!

Yea I've seen that the parva takes forever. I'm debating what I want to use to diffuse the light, thinking red root floaters would look good

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Love the idea of red root floaters!! I need something too...the water lettuce doesn't survive. Not sure if MTS are eating at night but seems like it disintegrates.

One more tip from experience, the parva will grow in better if you separate each of the rhizomes and plant closely together in checkerboard pattern. I like it a lot as a foreground plant because you don't have to trim but it takes looooong to grow in so have patience! I had a bunch that got buried when I vacuumed the sand and found them weeks later - still growing in bushy! I split it up and planted again...

Hey I'm getting some clippings from a neighbor - jungle vals and crpyts. Seems like you're selling all rotala? Why?! such a nice small leaf stem plant idea for background plant! Also got tons of java fern...Maybe for thanksgiving I'll send you a goody bag!
    Last edited by Fish from Filly; 11-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    That'd be great!

After messing with the rotala it's nice... but with the rams etc it is always floating up on me and I just can't get the nice bushy effect I want, I just get really long stems lol

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    That'd be great!

After messing with the rotala it's nice... but with the rams etc it is always floating up on me and I just can't get the nice bushy effect I want, I just get really long stems lol
    Keep cutting and replanting!!! Will have it bushy in no time! I have substrate about 4" in the back (2" of sand over eco complete) and use tweezers to get the rotala about 2" deep. The rams won't be able to uproot it then. I'll let you know when I'm trimming and get your address and all. Will likely be over Thanksgiving break

0 Not allowed!
    So stuff is coming along well with the house, and tank is being moved on Friday (shoot me now)

So the plan is to buy a new 75, use the old one while the new one is being set up (3D background and being dirted). Then sell the old 75.

I already have someone that wants my 75 and lids for $160. And I can get a 90 with stand, tank, AC110, AC70, a handful of 6" SA Cichlids (parrot, JD, Green Terror, Salvini, Texas, and Nicaraguan). Comes with some older SW stuff too. All for $250 and about an hour and a half drive one way... worth it? I think so

0 Not allowed!
    Wow - I think that's a good deal - considering what everything would cost new!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast