Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1003
  1. #471

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    cfl bulbs - 108W of them lol. 8 total, 4 5500K and 4 7000K

    I want to upgrade but saving a little cash to do a LED upgrade
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

  2. #472

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Hey Kev,
    I have to jack Triton's thread, because I asked in yours and you IGNORED me...lol...what are your caves made of?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

  3. #473

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You can do PVC (heat one end up and step on it to make a only 1 opening for the cave, you can do slate, can do tile, and I have a terra cotta one too
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

  4. #474

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well, the reason I asked is because Kev's appeared to be coconut shells...and I thought that I read here somewhere that they can rot and cause problems...the LFS has tons of them

    I have some slate leftover....right now, one of the little rock "formations" in my tank forms a little cave-like opening, and one of the bamboo shrimp has taken it over...so funny to see her peeking out with her 'fans' reaching and grabbing while filter feeding...I'm going to make a small cave with the slate I have
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

  5. Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Man, fish just aren't cooperative are they? My raphael cat stole my Apisto's house, when he used to live in the driftwood or the plants. My BNs never used the custom caves I purchased for them and just use the driftwood, so I took out the additional caves. lol I find it funny though. I like their picky behavior. ;P
    funny is right. I have a ton of rock caves in my 90 for anyone to tuck into. BUT when the EBJD was smaller, I moved him to my 30 to help grow him out. I had a crock in there - supposed to look like an old piece of Egyptian pottery with several holes in it (bought when I was a nob). However, the EBJD loved that crock so I thought I'd better move it to the 90 with him TEMPORARILY until he got comfortable with the bigger fish. He has never given it up. And many times I'll find one of my large Blood Parrots somehow managed to get in it, which ticked off the EBJD, so I had to buy another one. One fish or another is ALWAYS in those crocks. sometimes 2 of the BP's will squeeze in a crock together although I have no idea how they fit OR how they get out again. So I did a DYI project and covered some terracotta pots with substrate gravel - figured they'd be less obvious and more natural. They NEVER use them. Even the kribs love the crocks. They constantly swim in and out of them.
    so go figure. guess I'm stuck with the crocks...
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

  6. #476

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Well, the reason I asked is because Kev's appeared to be coconut shells...and I thought that I read here somewhere that they can rot and cause problems...the LFS has tons of them

    I have some slate leftover....right now, one of the little rock "formations" in my tank forms a little cave-like opening, and one of the bamboo shrimp has taken it over...so funny to see her peeking out with her 'fans' reaching and grabbing while filter feeding...I'm going to make a small cave with the slate I have
    I used coconut shells too and they work great
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

  7. #477

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hey Kev,
    I have to jack Triton's thread, because I asked in yours and you IGNORED me...lol...what are your caves made of?
    I did not ignore you!

    My apisto caves are coconut.

    Check my journal and you'll see a highly detailed reply. ;P
    Last edited by KevinVA; 02-14-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

    When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

  8. #478

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    cfl bulbs - 108W of them lol. 8 total, 4 5500K and 4 7000K

    I want to upgrade but saving a little cash to do a LED upgrade
    You seem to be getting a lot of growth from them, though. Must be putting out a lot of PARs. Are they super bright or something? ;P

    Yeah, I think my next lighting option will definitely be LED. They're a bit expensive up front, but they look much nicer and will save on the bills.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

    When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

  9. #479

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    I did not ignore you!

    My apisto caves are coconut.
    LOL, just messing with you...I need to go back and see, but if you say you didn't I believe you...did you guys buy them already made, like at the LFS, or did you buy a fresh one, make a pina colada, then use the leftover shell?...and what about the "rotting" thing?...did I just imagine reading that?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

  10. #480

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    LOL, just messing with you...I need to go back and see, but if you say you didn't I believe you...did you guys buy them already made, like at the LFS, or did you buy a fresh one, make a pina colada, then use the leftover shell?...and what about the "rotting" thing?...did I just imagine reading that?
    You're going to feel silly when you go check my journal. ;]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

    When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •