· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady 
    Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    well tentative close is around Nov 11th ish.... if thats the case, we will have my current place till around 12/1 maybe 12/15 so that painting etc can happen.

The tank will be moved somewhere in that range... i dread that day already because I know moving everyone will be an all day project.

Already told the fiance that the location we pick for the tank is it. Once it is filled, it does not move lol

We are gonna put a book shelf on each side of the tank for a nicer look, I might paint the stand/trim black if I do that. Will be a fun (not) project to do if so

Thought process is that we move the tank / fish, the fish get split between 2 30g breeders as a temp home and then 75 gets set back up over a few days.
    I do not envy you this process. But so nice to have a larger home.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - right now a QT, future Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    The 75 may become a dirted tank during this process.

Looking into everything, I might do dirt under a sand cap, maybe mix some turface into the dirt to re-use it and give the dirt some long CEC

0 Not allowed!
    So found a ton of rock for my 3D background that looks awesome. Only thing is... I think it is Blast Furnace Slag, I found it near some old abandoned tracks in Buffalo.

From what i've been reading the stuff is inert... thoughts?

2 Not allowed!
    I would worry about all the pollutants and toxins on anything along railroad tracks.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

0 Not allowed!
    I'm wondering if there is anything I could soak it in. Heck, I'll soak the stuff in bleach if I have too lol

0 Not allowed!
    Dang...

After reading up on it, even though it is old and aged slag, it still may have a risk involved when submerged in water... possibility of increasing the hardness and pH

Not sure if its even worth testing or not

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    To get the same effect when you use the concrete just take a small dowl and poke holes. Dont use that rock. A clay carving kit will allow practice and the tools for this job.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    yea, gonna toss that stuff.

thinking lava rock might be the other option, its cheap, nice color, and since its being used as a wall would be great for java ferns and such.

The only concerns I've seen on lava rock is how sharp it is, but being on a wall wouldn't bother the fish too much, plus putting the drylok over it could help too.

Then gonna do Miracle gro under either sand or turface (thoughts?)

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure the m/g is all organic but otherwise it sounds fine.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast