· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: complacent JD's

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I hear ya' Sandz and I agree with the point you are making , I can only type with one finger so I'll keep it short and simple . At present I am running 5 tanks, 2 for longer than I've been a member here with the other 3 being added in the last year or so . My JD's are the oldest fish I have at the moment , they've been with me going on 5 or 5.5 yrs. now. I've had my ups and downs with this hobby as I'm sure the rest of you have but nothing so bad that I couldn't handle it, with the help of the AC and all its members of course . I really feel like I can consider myself a rung or few above a novice . Fish I am keeping now are Jd's , mbuna , Silver dollars , Gourami , RedEyed Tetras , Tiger Barbs , Otos ,common Pleco , and the Golden Algae Eater that I suspect is some kind of Oto color morph. Now I think I'll add an established pair of mated Green Terrors . I'll purchase 6 juvies and let a pair form (crossing fingers) if they decide to. That's how I got the JD pair .Bought 5 and within a coupla weeks to a month I was the keeper of a mated pair. I've battled power outages , Tank cycles , A bad case of ich , and dumb people . I have lost fish but we keep on keeping on . I fully enjoy this hobby and I have the utmost respect for everyone on this site , oh and I will be doing more research before I add anything to that tank . Thank You SANDZ
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I wish you luck then! With that background over years and 5 years of Jacks and Mbuna you could handle the central and south american aggression. Green Terrors will eventually be bosses over your jacks but by the time they really get to spawning your jacks will be close to the old age time that most fish start passing on the lead to more dominant. I would also throw in Honduran Red Points if you can find them. AWESME fish... love them and one of my favorites of all time. Great community cichlid fish.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sandz and I hope I didn't come across the wrong way. I really do take in all ya'll teach me and
    I try to do the right thing for my fish . tried to resize pic but can't find edit button.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    this pic has nothing to do with the topic . I accidently uploaded the wrong pic . Sorry!!!!!

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    lol - you dont insult me or anyhting I honestly wish you luck. I think you have a head on your shoulders able to handle this.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12