· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking the Turbo will be contacting a Realtor soon. I hear there is a neighborhood in my sons 20 gal tank across town that just finished cycling and is looking for a clean up crew. Need to get our water parameters fairly close (make sure his nitrates are staying down) and drip acclimate him

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Two weeks in and the Frogspawn is still doing very well. It seemed to use a lot of calcium early on but with some dosing my calcium stabilized at 460. Nitrates are now staying closer to 5, maybe getting close to 10 just before water changes.
    Nitrate 5 Calcium 460, Alkalinity 8, phosphate.5, magnesium 1260, ph.8.0.

The turbo snail and hermit crab are leaving the Zoa alone but it is still losing some polyps. I am certain it's not a water issue but that something is eating at it. LFS suggested to look for tiny sundial snails, Zoa pox, or nudi's. Looking closer I'm pretty sure its not Zoa pox. I don't think I see any sundial snails but not sure. Still trying to check on it at night by turning the light on at random. I'm suspecting nudis

Doing this (with the light) I found a flatworm coming out of a rock. It was a long way from the Zoa and I don't think that one is the problem but there could be others. No luck getting it out yet. It extends out of its hole in the rock about 3 inches but as soon as I turn on the light to see it, it retracts into the hole within a few seconds and I cant get it

0 Not allowed!
    You water parameters have improved, good job

If but flat worm you mean bristle worms, I would not worry to much about them. Every marine aquarium gets at least some of them and they don't typically bother corals.

Have you tried treating the zoas with a coral dip ? That might buy you some time to figure out what is killing off your zoas.

Have you added any other fish ? Are you currently dosing anything else right now ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I finally got the worm and yes, it was a bristle worm. Although I can't be certain that the worm I got is the same one I saw before.
    I did a coral dip before I put it in the tank (like I do with all my corals) but I was also thinking about taking it out to dip again (as you suggested).
    Otherwise, no new fish, snails or anything else and I'm not dosing anything. I was thinking about adding a cleaner shrimp but I'm not doing that until I figure out this mystery. If the Zoa frag dies off, then I just won't be buying any Zoas again for a long time since it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else.