· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Pleco and Zucchini

0 Not allowed!
    When feeding the pleco zucchini, how long should the zucchini stay in the aquarium? What are the methods used to keep zucchini from floating?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    don't leave raw zucchini in the tank more than 48 hours before replacing it. It will start to degrade and not only make a mess, but could adversely affect your nitrate level.

Some people use veggie clips (you can get them in most pet stores) and suction cup them on the inside of the glass toward the bottom.
    Others stick a fork in a slice of zuc and sink it - points of the tinges down. No need to cook or blanch it, it will only degrade faster.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What about cutting a very thin (roughly 1 mm) slice and attempting to just stick it to the glass. No clue if that will work but I plan to try it for my shrimp this week.

0 Not allowed!
    1. Use a veggie clip that can be bought for a few dollars at most pet stores. You can then position the cucumber at whatever depth you want.
    2. Much cheaper and if you don't mind the sight of it: pin it down with a fork.

And yes, leave a cucumber slice in the tank for longer than two days and it turns into a slimy mush.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerileous View Post
    What about cutting a very thin (roughly 1 mm) slice and attempting to just stick it to the glass. No clue if that will work but I plan to try it for my shrimp this week.
    For shrimp that might work. But if you've ever seen a "pleco" attack a piece of veg you know it will be lose in 2 seconds.

With mine I stick a teaspoon trough it. It tends to be gone in 36 hours. I buy a whole zucchini at once. Rinse well, slice in 3-4mm thick slices and half those. Those go into a freezer baggie in the freezer until needed.

6. Default Thank you

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    don't leave raw zucchini in the tank more than 48 hours before replacing it. It will start to degrade and not only make a mess, but could adversely affect your nitrate level.

Some people use veggie clips (you can get them in most pet stores) and suction cup them on the inside of the glass toward the bottom.
    Others stick a fork in a slice of zuc and sink it - points of the tinges down. No need to cook or blanch it, it will only degrade faster.
    All your suggestions are very helpful. I found out for myself that leaving the zucchini in the tank for too long makes a big mess. My pleco, however, once I turned out the lights on the tank, he went at it, and it was all gone. I will try using the folk the next time. Thanks again.