· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Cool 'Haunted Aquarium' theme help.

0 Not allowed!
    Not anytime soon but I plan on one day making a haunted aquarium. I plan on stocking Ghost Catfish, White skirt tetra's, and Ghost shrimp. All of which seem particularly eerie to me (I haven't looked so see if these fish are compatible yet). I've seen the x-ray tetra's and a couple other clear fish that where midly interesting, but I'm hoping for ideas on some more peculiar looking clear-ish or ghostly fish. I don't have a particular tank size in mind yet since I don't know what I'm going to stock, but I don't plan on going above 75 gallons for this.

Also I have no idea what to do decor wise for the tank, so suggestions on that would be cool too.

Thanks!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Blind cave tetras would give you a ghoulish look, but you might also want to add something interesting. All clear fish makes for a dull tank imo....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are you going for a Halloween (I ask because its coming up) or just overall haunted theme?
    For decor, you could probably find some nice pieces at your LFS this time of year.
    Anyway, nice idea for a tank! :)
    10 Gallon Tank: 8 corydoras harbrosus, 10 ember tetras

If you don't go with the times you are gone with the times...

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh black phantom tetras, red eye tetras, bleeding heart tetras.... They might be able to color up the tank without loosing the haunted feal
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    If you're into it and you went with a large enough tank, a black veil-tail angel might suit as a sort of feature fish -- they look pretty ghostly to me. Although I am unsure how they would be with ghost cats.

Alternatively, a Moonlight Gourami maybe? Or some black mollies could work. Also what about Glass Bloodfin tetras?

0 Not allowed!
    Not exactly a creepy color, but if you are going for weird monstrous looks how about an African butterflyfish, pantodon buchholzi?
    Albino cories would be a good bottom dweller, ghostly white with red eyes. Both will work in a 30 gallon tank or larger.

Not sure what your intentions are, but if you are setting this up solely for Halloween, please reconsider. Fishleeping requires quite abit of work and dedication, the equipment can be pricey and the fish will live many years. However, if you will be enjoying the tank year round and are prepared to commit then good luck.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Not sure what your intentions are, but if you are setting this up solely for Halloween, please reconsider. Fishleeping requires quite abit of work and dedication, the equipment can be pricey and the fish will live many years. However, if you will be enjoying the tank year round and are prepared to commit then good luck.
    Nah, I'm not doing it for Halloween. I probably won't have a set up like this in more than a year, haha. I'm unemployed right now, so spending money is not something I need to be doing.

I have a 20 gallon tank right now. I didn't really mean to get into fish keeping, but I certainly enjoy it. People are always surprised how attached I get to my fish.

Anyway I don't much care for the African butterfly fish or the moonlight gourmi, but I like the rest of the suggestions. Particularly the angelfish - Oh my goodness that looks cool.

0 Not allowed!
    Particularly the angelfish - Oh my goodness that looks cool.
    An Angel will work well with cories and most tetras, but keep in mind it will mean you will have to have at least a 55g. Also I just realised you wanted ghost shrimp, and I'm pretty sure an angel would eat these.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    An Angel will work well with cories and most tetras, but keep in mind it will mean you will have to have at least a 55g. Also I just realised you wanted ghost shrimp, and I'm pretty sure an angel would eat these.
    I'd rather have the angle than the ghost shrimp, though it is a shame I can't have both.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't really have any fish to suggest, everyones pretty much covered it but just wanted to say I love your idea. If any of my tanks were large enough I'd totally go for something like that!