· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New Life Spectrum

0 Not allowed!
    Experiences with NLS? On Amazon its has quite good reviews. They do have a lot of choices, which of the products are best to get for small freshwater fish, i.e. tetra, loaches, cory?

0 Not allowed!
    I've always found their feeds to be top notch.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    +1 - good stuff.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Many members use it as a staple/base food on top of other foods like frozen, live, etc.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

1 Not allowed!
    Some members will feed solely NlS, thats their choice. I see it as part of a varied diet, in my book variety is the spice of life!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I feed NLS small fish pellets once a week. My fish LOVE them - they literally disappear in seconds. The small fish pellets would be good for tetras and smaller size fish. If your tetras are mid or bottom tank feeders like mine, you can scoop some tank water into a small bowl and add a pinch of the pellets, gently swish them around and pour slowly into the tank. They will sink - my tetras gobble them up as they are sinking. Because I have a sand substrate, any pellets that make it to the bottom land on the sand - don't know how that would work with a gravel substrate.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 10-02-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    They will sink - my tetras gobble them up as they are sinking. Because I have a sand substrate, any pellets that make it to the bottom land on the sand - don't know how that would work with a gravel substrate.
    I can answer that. A good share of the pellets make to the bottom and into the gravel, so you end up vacuuming the gravel a couple of times per week. I really need to switch to a sand substrate.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    I can answer that. A good share of the pellets make to the bottom and into the gravel, so you end up vacuuming the gravel a couple of times per week. I really need to switch to a sand substrate.
    I thought that's what would happen. I love my sand substrate - it's so easy to clean and the fish can easily get to any food that makes it to the bottom. If you don't overfeed, you never have food debris to clean up.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

1 Not allowed!
    I agree with others that NLS is a good brand. It has been widely praised by many kowledgeable sources as highly nutritional. And I also agree with those recommending variety, whether within the NLS line or by including other brands. I have found Omega One another good food line, and use their "veggie" based foods along with NLS. Veggie rounds (sinking disks) and Veggie Flakes, both of which are prime in spirulina and kelp. All fish will eat these, not just begetarians, and this food is good for them all.

I have small fish, characins, cyprinids, corys and loaches. When I tried the pellet foods, they didn't go over well until I used NLS. The smallest pellet, at 0.5 mm, gets gobbled up. I also use the 1 mm for my tank of slightly larger fish, Congo Tetra, Black Ruby Barbs; and the loaches eat these from the substrate too. I use their basic flake as well as the two pellets.

Byron.

0 Not allowed!
    Omega One Veggie Micro Pellets are a good fun for smaller fish as well. As with all Omega One products, they are preserved with ethoxyquin.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"