· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, the sad part is any temp above 72* is perfect temp for triops, but they had been so use to a tank being naturally at 80 or above. She hadn't done well a few days ago and recovered but the low temp may have caused her to relapse.
    -----
    My Living Transformers
    Mirage - 2 yr old - Blue and white Veil Tail, with white frosted fin tips
    The Troops - T. Longicaudatus (Tadpole Shrimp) Second Generation

0 Not allowed!
    Day 22

The Heater helped quite a bit, water temps remained around 80 all night. Had several molted skins to fish out of the water. i diverted a catastrophe.

bought an air powered filter that is working better than the sponge, water isn't completely clear but i will do a water change later today when i return home. skimming the water with a net has help lots to keep back any cloudy water.

things are looking up
    -----
    My Living Transformers

0 Not allowed!
    Day 24

Filter is working great and the heater is helping alot. i'm finding molted skins more often then before. Though a water change is needed which i will do later tonight if not tomorrow, to get completely clear water.

Slash regrew her tail and had a growth spurt, she now rivals Grimlock in size.

Grimlock is slowly growing back her missing tails.

Swoop's tail is now untangled which i believe happened after her last molt, which means tangled tails are not a life threatening issue, merely something that happens.

All in all they're doing great and happily digging pits in the sand to lay their eggs.
    -----
    My Living Transformers

0 Not allowed!
    Day 25

After being rush out the door to take my younger brother to a few towns over, i believe i missed a feeding. I say that because i returned home later tonight to a victim of cannibalism.

Found the part remains of Grimlock, as she no longer had her legs and half her thorax was missing. Creepy and gross i know. i'm a little saddened but this is a natural thing for Triops to do. of my remaining Dinobots Swoop and Slash are left.

That aside water temp. remains in the constant 80s, water is clear and hasn't been any sign of bacteria blooms. Now as long as i can keep Swoop and Slash from dining on each other they should make it to full age....if not then willing to bet at least one of them will....just need to make sure not to miss their morning feeding.

will have to put up a post it note everywhere saying "don't forget to feed the cannibals"
    -----
    My Living Transformers

0 Not allowed!
    Lost count of my days but

Week 6

I had gotten caught up with life off the internet so i had not the time to update everyone.
    Sadly the last of my Triops Slash has succumb to failed molt. At the length of 2 inches she had reached her full growth only a couple weeks to reaching a full 2 months. Swoop had past only a week prior to unknown reasons, which i believe was a bad molt as Swoop never seem to get any larger.

But with their deaths come with good news. I have yet to dry out the 5 gal tank and as i was removing Slash from the tank i spotted a new Triop hatchling. It is rare for eggs to hatch while still submerged but it is possible.

a new Generation of Triops have entered the world. the new baby is roughly a day old from the stage of growth it is in. I lost sight of it a while ago and i'm debating about taking it out of the tank and into a bowl. i shut down the filter as so the new baby won't get caught up in it. i shut down the bubbler as to remove the current in the water, may turn it back on tomorrow should the baby make through the night. i'll leave the heater on as the temp is at perfect levels (hence the debate to take it out or leave it in.

I may have more triops come the morning. I'm sad to have lost Slash but i'm excited for the new life.

So i guess i will be restarting the clock back to Day 1. Should the new one survive and more are born i will name the new Generation with military ranks and World War battles and locations, names in honour of Remembrance Day in Canada.
    -----
    My Living Transformers

0 Not allowed!
    Make that 2 baby triops for the second Generation of triops. Hatched from submerged eggs my Dinobots (all female) laid

I've Named them Normandy(Norman) and Dieppe(Dee) after two battles in World War 2
    Last edited by SlothimusPrima; 11-05-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    -----
    My Living Transformers