· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Video of the Oscar and Severum Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Finally have some good video of the new 90g tank. The oscar and severum have settled in enough that they aren't so shy. It took the Severum a while because he's wild caught. I really like the way the fish turned out, they don't look or act like your standard breeds. If anyone has wondered what a True Heros Severus was like, here you are. He's quite a bit more rude than the normal severums i've seen, thats why the oscar has a couple nips in his fin. But the sev is backing off more every day, probably because the O has gained about an inch since I got him 4 weeks ago lol. Anyway tell me what you think, journal here: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=113509

"At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    nice clean, simple setup. looks great! that O might cause a problem when he is full grown tho I'm sure you know.
    Thar she blows!!!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Yea the tank was built around him, so he gets first dibs on space should he need it. I did allot of research and gave them the best chance I could, everything in there is known as very O compatible, so now it's just wait and see. The Sev is actually the trouble maker now, but being wild it's understandable and seems to be going away as the O outgrows him.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    beautiful tank. beautiful fish. I'm having trouble iding the other fish.
    Your sev looks like mine although he's not wild caught as far as I know. He was a trade in at my LFS and I fell in love with him. Some days he has exactly the color yours is showing, some days he's fully stripped and some days he's almost black. Very interesting fish.
    Again, gorgeous tank. I assume those are artificial plants or the sev would have pulled them out by now??
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Yep, they are fake, Micheal's pickups, they look much better then normal aquarium stuff.

The severum is a true mouthbrooding heros severus, they are very rare in the hobby, thats why I had to get him as a wild. Heros efasciatus are much more common and are what you see 99% of the time. It's possible you have one but it would be pretty rare and they do look very similar, I only wanted a mouthbrooder because they have a little bit different behavior and I like being different lol.

As for the other fish, I have 3 silver dollars as dithers, they aren't anything special, just normal pet store stock. The small ones on the bottom are young first generation redhead tapajos Geo's, im really looking forward to watching them grow, they get really pretty.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just checked out your newest tank video in your journal, it's awesome! Im pretty sure your sev is a normal green sev though, they have red on the back anal fin and the mouthbrooders have it more on the belly.