· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: chaeto

1. Default chaeto

0 Not allowed!
    So I've been looking at adding to chaeto to my refug and wanted to know where the best place to get it at is. I don't needto much because is just going into my hob Filter that I've turned into the refug

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You could check out Reefs2Go.com

They have good reviews and carry Chaeto in various sizes.
    110 Gallon New World Cichlid Tank
    Tiger Oscar, Large Common Pleco, Blood Red Parrot, A lot of Black Convicts.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Best place would be someone from your local reef club. Generally there is a reef club in your area and reefers are always tossing out chaeto, they are happy to sell it for a buck or two or give it away.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above. I am always giving away maco algae to local hobbyist

As a alternative to cheato, you could also try feather caulerpa. C. crassifolia. That is what I have been growing in my sumps and I find it grows better for me than cheato.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The problem for me is figuring out whats local here. It seems most of the reefers here meet in other parts of Sacramento that FAR away from the main area that live in.

I'll look into the other micro algae.

I;'ll check around the two LFS store that in my area. I have two in 5 mile area from me lol

0 Not allowed!
    I'd still check around for a local reef society or club. You can probably get some nice deals from some really good people as well.

But if you can't go that route and your LFS doesn't have anything good, reefs2go.com (mentioned up top) isn't a bad choice either as I've ordered from them before. They do have a decent selection of clean up crew and has pretty good customer service as well.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.