· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default Don't you find this odd? thread...

0 Not allowed!
    Again...found a similar thread elsewhere, that had 'fun facts' and other items people had never heard of, or things that were different in their neck of the woods, etc...

Yesterday I was listening to the radio on the drive home and was informed that only 8% of Canadians shop on-line vs. 10% of Americans (or so...don't quote me on the figures).

Wow! I thought it would be much higher than that! I occasionally shop on-line, but don't like it. I like seeing/handling what I'm purchasing first...but from hearing everyone else talk, I was under the impression I was in a minority!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    Thats interesting, very much so considering the ammount of land between city in some canadian parts. Hmm... Wonder what sample size they used?

Also I heard on the radio the other day that 47.657% of percentages are made up on the spot. *sorry old joke but it got me rolling*
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    There is so much I prefer to buy online. I got an amazon credit credit that gives me great money back when I buy off of amazon. The next big city with more diverse shopping that a walmart is about 45 minutes away one way so I avoid going if I dont have to. (I still go to look at fish though.) I also have an almost 5 year old and a 3 year old and taking them out shopping by myself makes me want to pull me hair out sometimes.

The only thing that I would think keeps the percent down of online shoppers is credit cards. There are so many people that dont use them anymore or dont have any.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    yah depends on what and why I am buying...Christmas shopping - ONLINE! so much to browse that if you're stuck or have no idea what to get, you an generally trip across something...I buy my tassimo T-cups online because its cheaper...Amazon.ca is a great place to buy cheap blu rays...I think it depends a lot on where you live too - if you live in or near a city, you have access to good stores...I remember as a kid we did most of our shopping out of the Sears catalog, as there was no city close by and they delivered to your town. Clothes, appliances, generally good name brands...Sears used to be a staple. Not anymore...

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    One thing i find odd is how locals pronounce names compared to how they read.

Eastern Ontario - there are two place names that make me shake my head. One place is called Des Joachims, and the locals pronounce it "de Swisha".
    Another place, called Coboconk - the locals call it "Colby".

Awards Showcase

Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 
    So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 

1 Not allowed!
    I so miss being a kid and taking my marker and circling the cool toys in the catalog! Ugh such good memories.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    One thing i find odd is how locals pronounce names compared to how they read.

Eastern Ontario - there are two place names that make me shake my head. One place is called Des Joachims, and the locals pronounce it "de Swisha".
    Another place, called Coboconk - the locals call it "Colby".
    We have a small town down south called 'Bienfait' (yes, it's a French name). I pronounced it Byen-fay...the locals laughed at me. They pronounce it Bean-fate.

0 Not allowed!
    Sears used to be a really good place to shop. My folks bought nearly everything from them and mostly used Sears brands such as Kenmore appliances . . . And they used to be really good at honoring their "satisfaction or your money back" guarantee.

But then, Dad started having trouble with some of their managers over the years not honoring legitimate warranties, etc. He had to threaten to sue Sears before they finally agreed to replace a defective water heater that was still under warranty.

My folks bought a stove from Sears that didn't work after it was delivered and connected up. Dad called them and they sent out a "repairman" who didn't even bring his tools! Dad threatened to return the stove for a refund unless they sent someone competent. The next guy they sent out fixed it.

He ordered some stockings for my mom one year for Christmas, and they never arrived. When Dad contacted Sears about it, they got snarky with him. The manager of the local store kept making excuses and essentially blowing him off. Then he gave Dad some bad attitude, so Dad went over his head to the main headquarters and voiced his complaint in no uncertain terms, and Sears finally came through and sent his order. The obnoxious manager got transferred but not fired.

In recent years, I haven't been at all impressed with the Sears stores I've visited. I've found their selection sorely limited, and when I needed help in one of their stores, their salespeople just rolled their eyes at me.

Ordering from their catalog used to be fun, WHEN they delivered the correct product in the right color.

As for ordering online, I research online but I don't order anything that way. I, too, would prefer to shop physically and see firsthand what I'm getting. We don't mind driving a bit out of our way to visit really good stores with decent inventory and helpful staff. Prices are cheaper out of town, too. Here at home, most of our merchants just gouge us.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I found this odd. I just took a First Aid course (paid for it myself). I was with 3 other people - teachers who all knew each other (and who knew the instructor from a previous class). They were all very nice.

But they were late (late arriving in the morning, late coming back after lunch, etc.)...they were chatting throughout class (about work), stopping to take phone calls...etc.

The instructor was very good. I quite liked him...but he never requested that people be on time, stop disturbing the others...(er that would be me ) etc.

So...I'm nitpicking - but still...if I personally pay (a lot) to take a class I don't expect it to be treated like 'no big deal'. And I don't see why I don't count...even if I'm the odd man out.

Is general respect just going out the window? Or am I just gettin' old and old-lady uptight?

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    nah, you pay for something, you should be able to get full value for your money. Unfortunately, you got caught stuck in a a bit of a club/day away from work clique.
    I do agree that being late for meetings and such seems to be accepted. I don't have a problem with being late, but the event should go on as planned punctually, especially if the event leader is being paid, and you paid to be there. The late people can come in late, but they should stay by the door, and people who are expecting calls should be by the door too. This practise of the trainer waiting 5 or ten minutes for late arrivals annoys me - no reason I should have to stay late because of other's tardiness...

But I'm one of those people who are almost never late for anything...