· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Wild Caught pond Snails

0 Not allowed!
    Just curious before I start searching google could you tell me if wild caught pond snails would need a cycled tank to stay alive long enough to become established?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. I just chuck mine in a tupperware with water and a rock and they are fine. :)
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thank you greentoads41 . do you have any recommended info sites for the different types of snails that can be used in the home aquarium?

Awards Showcase

It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 
    TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I think there is another issue being missed here, unless I am mis-understanding. By "wild caught pond snails" do you mean snails you bring in from a natural pond where you live? This can be dangerous in that you can introduce pathogens from that pond which may thrive in the aquarium and cause various issues for the fish.

Byron.
    Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well its not really a pond but rather a 155 gal. holding tank flowing into a 55 gallon garden pond with water iris and an unknown lake plant .Water is pumped from the smaller one over a waterfall into the big one down another waterfall back into the small one to be picked up by pump and starting over again. It only receives rain water or conditioned water just like my aquariums . Substrate is yard dirt and old aquarium gravel . It has housed fish in the passed , latest one was a bream that would be in there now if it weren't for a hungry inquisitive cat.It has been running for3 yrs. I will send some pics in the morning.