· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I have somehow missed this thread, subscribed now....ain't it grand when everything starts to fall in place, cycling-wise...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, it is!

Er, and this is probably started up in all sorts of the wrong place, but I jumped right in and stuck it where I thought I would get the most answers. Thankfully the forum responded :)

Soon -more plants!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okydoky... I keep dosing my ammonia back up to 4ppm and it is gone within 24 hours. (Ha, after all that worrying about letting my ammonia get to 0 it has sneaked down there twice now while I was away at work-go figure). Nitrites seem to have come down to the highest readable level (or thereabouts... They seem to have dropped from yesterday, but that might be a reading error) and the nitrates remain off the charts. The little bulbs that are in there seem to be happy... Java moss too.

So anyone wanna talk plants? Buying them locally for our 15 resulted in a trumpet snail explosion. (Which may or may not be causing problems right now, that will be another thread). I was looking at a plant assortment package from liveaquaria since we want a lot of plants. Have any of you ordered from them? Good, bad, or meh experience? We are replacing the hood this weekend, I think ( though I said that last weekend) and should be ready for plants.

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    You can treat plants with bleach or flourish excell (see this page) which should eliminate most hitchhikers.

Some delicate plants won't survive this process though, so google the name of the plant and bleach dip first, to see if anyone has had trouble with it.

I usually just buy from the LFS, I don't mind snails that much and just remove them from the glass.

While I don't have any personal experience, I know that Live Aquaria has a fantastic reputation.

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I have had good luck (so far) with plants from here, good service, fast delivery, healthy plants: http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.com/

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    LED lighting... Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping a planted tank of this size? We have combed the local stores, but haven't made any decisions yet, because I am just not sure what all options I have. Slaphappy chimed in on the Current LED Satellite Plus, and Byron said that the marineland doublebright would also be sufficient. Are there any other good LED lights in that pricerange that you guys would recommend?

A local store combing left us less than impressed, so it looks like an online order for plants and lights...

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 
    Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah 
    Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GobleWarming View Post
    LED lighting... Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping a planted tank of this size? We have combed the local stores, but haven't made any decisions yet, because I am just not sure what all options I have. Slaphappy chimed in on the Current LED Satellite Plus, and Byron said that the marineland doublebright would also be sufficient. Are there any other good LED lights in that pricerange that you guys would recommend?

A local store combing left us less than impressed, so it looks like an online order for plants and lights...
    The Current USA Satellite LED+ is not recommended for planted tanks deeper than 18 inches. There are LED units suitable for planted tanks - you just need to do your research.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals, finally ready for fish - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras, Tank 2 - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    The Current USA Satellite LED+ is not recommended for planted tanks deeper than 18 inches. There are LED units suitable for planted tanks - you just need to do your research.
    ooops...oh well, I like the way mine looks, and the plants are holding their own, so far (crosses fingers)

Goble, that tank is looking SWEET!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 
    Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah 
    Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    ooops...oh well, I like the way mine looks, and the plants are holding their own, so far (crosses fingers)

Goble, that tank is looking SWEET!
    It's a great unit for your tank Slap, as it's under 17 inches deep. But not for a 36 bowfront, which is 21 inches.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals, finally ready for fish - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras, Tank 2 - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Keep forgetting he has a bow, thanks for clearing that up

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast