· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

Default Big "RAW" sp0t 0n my plec0

0 Not allowed!
    I was d0ing a water change when I n0ticed a disturbing sight 0n my 14 inch plec0, SUM0. I t00k a picture 0f it and was h0ping that s0me0ne w0uld have s0me insight as t0 what this might be. He is a little lethargic and I was able t0 pull him 0ut 0f the water with0ut much 0f a fight. I fear that I might be l0sing him. Any help w0uld be appreciated, thanx
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    BTW, all the 0ther fish are d0ing fine- n0 s0res, n0 lethargy, g00d appetite, etc....

0 Not allowed!
    Possibly heater burn?

Did this develop overnight? Have you seen it started with something small and grew into something big like that?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    My first guess as well. Not much you can do except watch out for infection and, if it is this, get a heater guard.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, I didn't n0tice it bef0re, It seems like it just p0pped up all 0f a sudden. It seems strange th0, it has never happened bef0re. I will keep a cl0se eye 0n it and see if it gets any w0rse. H0pefully that is all it is. Thank y0u f0r the input. I h0pe that is all that it is. I really appreciate the help.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I just went in and checked 0n him, he keeps fl0ating t0 the t0p and he d0esn't sh0w any s0rt 0f resistance t0 being handled. I think I am g0ing t0 have t0 euthanize him, I hate t0 see him suffer. It might be getting w0rse fr0m what I see, I am baffled, n0w it is 0n the 0ther side by his gills. What is the best way t0 put him d0wn? It isn't heater burn, he has never g0ne cl0se t0 the heater. I am c0ncerned that it might turn 0ut t0 be s0mething c0ntagi0us, I hate t0 l0se him, but it w0uld be w0rse t0 l0se any 0f my 0ther fish. i'm bummed, t0 say the least.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Sum0 was floating upside d0wn and bent 0ver, seemed t0 be laboring in his breathing. I decided that I didn't want him t0 suffer any m0re. My conscience w0uld n0t all0w me t0 watch him suffer, I asked a very respected member the best way t0 put him d0wn and that is what I did. I am very s0rry t0 see him g0, but i had t0 put him d0wn instead 0f watching him die sl0w and miserable. Thanks f0r the replies, I appreciate the help immensely.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to read about such bad news. That is never an easy thing to go through, even worse when you try so hard to return them back to health
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    The only other thing that I can think of that can come up so suddenly is dropsy. He's probably filled with bacteria inside his guts right now ..... Anti-bacterial meds may help if it's not too late already. Do you have anything on hand? I prefer Kanamycin based meds over Maracyn for this. I'd try to treat it before going the other route...

Edit: Just read your post, truly sorry for your lost.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    thanks guys, I didn't have any meds here. He was a c00l fish, they all die eventually s0 it is jut a matter 0f time in dealing with the l0ss. The weird part was that it happened super fast. he was fine and then n0t, I hadn't n0ticed anything wr0ng until yesterday and I spend a t0n 0f time watching my fish. It was hard t0 d0 the right thing by him, but it needed t0 be d0ne. My p00r sum0 b0y, g0tta make sure I am paying super cl0se attenti0n 0ver the next week 0r s0 t0 make sure it wasn't anything c0ntagi0us.