· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Just making sure that the pH reading is accurate. Depending on how much pressure of the water delivered into the home, there may be more gas in the water and it will give a false reading of pH.

rubema, if you can throw an airstone in there, that'll be good too.

Also, what do you want to achieve with covering the intake?

Lol, Byron already beat me to the chase. So what he said...
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Just making sure that the pH reading is accurate. Depending on how much pressure of the water delivered into the home, there may be more gas in the water and it will give a false reading of pH.

rubema, if you can throw an airstone in there, that'll be good too.

Also, what do you want to achieve with covering the intake?

Lol, Byron already beat me to the chase. So what he said...
    Actually all what i want, is to do every thing as good as it should be. No matter as i said before how much work and reading and spending should i do.
    I covered my intakes, since i notice very lots of dirt going through my filter pipes, and it was lees headache/work to clean/change the intake covers than cleaning those pipes. That's way i am wondering if such covers will effect any filtration system, or will destroy or delay the creation of the BB.
    I am using a fine/hard pads which it comes with the Eheim filter to cover my 4 intakes.

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, although you might need to clean and rinse the covers regularly so that the flow isn't clogged into the filters.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, although you might need to clean and rinse the covers regularly so that the flow isn't clogged into the filters.
    Will do that for sure regularly... :)
    Thanks

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi every one,
    Here is an update of what happen with my aquarium/fish.

Yesterday i did 40% water change, and check out the nitrate, was almost 40ppm. (check the picture - right one)
    Discus still not eating at all, but yesterday also i bought special frozen food for discus (such as the blood worms and brine shrimp), i notice on of them (the oldest one orange/yellow) eat very less.
    Today at morning and as usual discus was swimming in front of the tank, and when they noticed that i am coming, they space very very very fast.
    After and hour or 2, before feeding all the other fish in the tank, i notice this discus (orange/yellow) in front of the tank and no movement, breathing only. I tried to move it then its awake and move normally, after 15 min, it was laying somewhere on the tank also without moving only breathing....
    I immediately change 50% from the water and replace it with my (filter water) check the picture).
    I add the some of (Tetra AquaSafe, Api Stress Zyme+ and Api Salt) as required quantity.
    I check after sometime the nitrate, it was down almost to 20ppm. (Check the picture - left one)
    And after almost an hour the orange/yellow discus was moving as before.

- So do you think that filter water has the secret or reducing the nitrate, and help the fish?
    - Do any one advice me to buy (Nitrate Reactor), such as this or that? I dont have any problem to buy such a thing if it will reduce the nitrate value, or if it will reduce the water change time.

Thank you.

Test result:
    14k8.jpg

Filter water:
    nqnp.jpg

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also i notice that the discus start swimming on the front without no issue or problem, except they still shy somehow.
    Check out this below video.

0 Not allowed!
    40 ppm nitrate and you did 50% WC, it would make sense that nitrate would go down to 20 ppm. I don't think it is a good idea and a waste of money to purchase the so called nitrate reactor. Simply put, nothing beats consistent water changes for these fishes. I'm a bit concerned that one discus is just lying around for 15 minutes....Stress and high level of nitrates could be one of the causes.

20 ppm nitrate is still too high of a level. Please continue with the water changes without the salt.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to above...I bought new discus and they weren't swimming or eating for days. I realized my canister filter had too much stuff and even with daily water changes, I couldn't get my nitrates under 20. After cleaning filter and another week of 50% water changes, my nitrates were down to just slightly darker than the tap water (about 10) and the fish are active, eating, and even spawned.

Keep up with water changes, keep up with filter maintenance, and make sure light isn't too bright or provide cover (remember, no eye lids!)
    Check out my 55 Gallon, planted, Philly themed community tank! Rummynose and Cardinals, dwarf cichlids, plecos, shrimps

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rubema View Post
    Hi every one,

I add the some of (Tetra AquaSafe, Api Stress Zyme+ and Api Salt) as required quantity.
    I check after sometime the nitrate, it was down almost to 20ppm. (Check the picture - left one)
    And after almost an hour the orange/yellow discus was moving as before.

- So do you think that filter water has the secret or reducing the nitrate, and help the fish?
    ]
    Rather than using the API products, use Seachem PRIME or SAFE (powder version). This neutralizes nitrates in addition to ammonia and chlorine etc. Don't worry about the reactor, just change water enough so that nitrate test shows orange (10 PPM)
    Check out my 55 Gallon, planted, Philly themed community tank! Rummynose and Cardinals, dwarf cichlids, plecos, shrimps

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    40 ppm nitrate and you did 50% WC, it would make sense that nitrate would go down to 20 ppm. I don't think it is a good idea and a waste of money to purchase the so called nitrate reactor. Simply put, nothing beats consistent water changes for these fishes. I'm a bit concerned that one discus is just lying around for 15 minutes....Stress and high level of nitrates could be one of the causes.

20 ppm nitrate is still too high of a level. Please continue with the water changes without the salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish from Filly View Post
    +1 to above...I bought new discus and they weren't swimming or eating for days. I realized my canister filter had too much stuff and even with daily water changes, I couldn't get my nitrates under 20. After cleaning filter and another week of 50% water changes, my nitrates were down to just slightly darker than the tap water (about 10) and the fish are active, eating, and even spawned.

Keep up with water changes, keep up with filter maintenance, and make sure light isn't too bright or provide cover (remember, no eye lids!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish from Filly View Post
    Rather than using the API products, use Seachem PRIME or SAFE (powder version). This neutralizes nitrates in addition to ammonia and chlorine etc. Don't worry about the reactor, just change water enough so that nitrate test shows orange (10 PPM)

Hi,
    Thanks for your answers,
    So should i change the water today, after some times? Or do it tomorrow morning? Or after some days - week?
    Also should i continue using (Filtered Water) or Tap one?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast