· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default my tank is turning into a oddball tank xD

0 Not allowed!
    recently i been playing with my aqadvisor and i ended up with this oddball mix what do u think? XD or any other sujestions on oddballs that would go good >.>

ok current stock in my 56 gallon.. XD
    1 angelfish (female)
    8 Cardinals
    6 rummy nose
    5 emerald Cory
    1 panda cory (i should of looked closer at them before buying they didn`t have whiskers rulled that to be cause of there demise even the one left has no whiskers)
    (recent addons:)
    1 dwarf red gourami (male)
    1 Dalamaton molly (male)
    1 guppy (male)
    1 subrust platty (male)

was haveing to much fun on aqadvisor n ended up with this combo im going to try to get atleast 4 more panda cory's unless this one ends up passing im still worried snice no whiskers on it been watching it closely but it didn`t get red behind its gills like other ones did.

Also i have a 10 gallon tank with 3 oto's 1 male betta and 1 male guppy is there anything else i could add in with this? my betta seems to enjoy the company and hangs out with the guppy lol
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 09-23-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    56 Gallon Planted Tetra based Community Tank.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2
    Plants:couple swords,bunch of Italian Vals,Java Ferns,

3 Not allowed!
    On the 56g tank. First I would increase some of the existing fish species before considering different additions. Rummynose tetra always fare better when in larger groups, I would up these to no less than 12, and probably 15 would be even better. The cardinals are fine, but you could add more if you like, up to you.

The panda cory issue. Barbel degeneration can occur from rough substrate and/or water quality issues. On the latter, keep the substrate clean, as corys need to dig into it. And if it is rough, this can erode their barbels. Once they are gone, they may or may not regenerate, but the fish will not die solely from barbel degeneration; I have had corys with no barbels that lived for years. If the fish arrived minus barbels, this obviously occurred elsewhere. Just make sure your substrate is not rough but smooth; sand is definitely best for these fish, and I like play sand for its smooth grains. If you stay with panda corys, up the number to five, they are very social.

Now to the suggested additions. I would not include gourami with an angelfish. Aside from this, there is the issue with the frequently lack of good health among the dwarf gourami species, and unless you know where the fish came from (by which I mean the actual breeder, not the store) this is a real risk. This fish may carry the iridovirus which cannot be treated, and is now known to definitely spread to other species.

Livebearers (molly, platy, guppy). These require moderately hard or harder water, which is completely opposite the cardinals and rummynose, and your angelfish and corys will be happier with softer water too though not so critical as with cardinals and rummys. I don't know your parameters, but assuming they are on the soft side, stay with soft water fish. Molly in particular do not last long in soft water.

On the 10g, if your Betta tolerates the guppy, you are indeed lucky, as this is not common. Betta are not community fish, and should be on their own. I certainly would not add anything to this tank as the unusual "peace" you now have can easily be upset by any new fish.

Hope this helps.

Byron.
    Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    red gourami is from a friend who breeds them so figured he was ok. i love the molly and he loves cleaning my swordplant.i wonder if i can move the platty with my betta hmm.yah they kind of was n impulse buy from family n when i looked them up aqadvisor didn`t say anything but i didn`t think about looking up the water needs.

i was debateing on increasing the rummy nose or not for a while being that the cardinals and rummy both flock together with no issues wasn`t sure if it was needed.

as for the betta he seems to love when i add new "friends" in his tank he hangs out with the oto's when he lays around by them. and same with the guppy i found them acutaly in the cave together was very surprised cause he dosen`t even let the oto's in the save but he let the guppy 0.o

yah i was curious to see if he would mind the guppy or not being that he been with the oto's i added slowly in was rather surpised when he didn`t attack them so figured i would test out a guppy which turned out to be a great thing for him now i find betta laying around with guppy hanging out by him n they follow each other around lol (no nipping or agression way)

anyways going to probly take the platty and guppy back to store the. as for the molly i have to keep my disabled mother fell in love with it so sorry little molly ._.
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 09-23-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    "Rummy-Nose Tetra-4Red/Blue tetra -7,Buenos Aires Tetra-8emerald cory-5"1 Zebra Nerite"Albino Bristle Nose-2

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    as for the coryies my emerald ones (i had 3 for a while only 1 died cause it was huge and old) and other ones outlasted the panda's as they passed.so idk ._. the emeralds have whiskers n everything so i know its not from my tank i just didn`t look close enough at panda's when i got them cause they where so small around 1/2 inch if not less.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    as for the coryies my emerald ones (i had 3 for a while only 1 died cause it was huge and old) and other ones outlasted the panda's as they passed.so idk ._. the emeralds have whiskers n everything so i know its not from my tank i just didn`t look close enough at panda's when i got them cause they where so small around 1/2 inch if not less.
    Panda corys are quite delicate among corys. They are now commercially raised, yet they seem susceptible to all sorts of problems. The emerald may be Corydoras aeneus (photo 1 below) or Brochis splendens (photo 2). Photos of these attached for reference. They too need a group of five plus.

Corydoras aeneus.jpgBrochis splendens2.jpg
    Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have added 3 snice then so im at a total of 5. like i said i was debateing to incress my panda cory's back up or to just buy more of them.