· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Nano Red Cherry Shrimp Tank :)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys, just thought I'd upload a few pictures of my Nano tank which is currently got a few Red Cherry Shrimp and a couple Mosquito Rasbora/Boraras Brigittae.

I have a very weak stream of DIY C02 being pumped into the tank via an air tube into my Aqua one Filter air.
    A piece of bogwood which is covered in Java Moss, An Amazon Sword, Trimmed Carolina Fanwort, Pigmy Chain Sword, Dwarf Hairgrass and a lot of Salvinia minima floating at the top.

Sorry for the poor quality photos. My camera isn't great at up-close shots.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great! I love the color on the shrimps, I wish that I could get that consistent red color out of mine. How long have you had them? Do they breed often? What light do you have? What plants? Just curious....sorry :)
    EDIT: Btw, your tank is a lot like Hardy's. His is just a tad larger though.
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great, once the plants grow in more you'll like it even better. I keep the same combination of rcs and brigittae in the tank together, they get along and compliment each other well. It's funny when you see some red cherry shrimp that are as large as the fish.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    Looks great! I love the color on the shrimps, I wish that I could get that consistent red color out of mine. How long have you had them? Do they breed often? What light do you have? What plants? Just curious....sorry :)
    EDIT: Btw, your tank is a lot like Hardy's. His is just a tad larger though.

I haven't had them that long. maybe a week or two. from buying them from the fish shop to putting them in my tank they haven't lost there colour and seem to be doing great. :)
    I can't wait for them too breed as I want to start a little colony in this tank and transfer them into my larger tank when the babies get to a decent size :) but no rush at the minute.
    At the moment I'm using an LED grow light which has a White/yellow, Red and slight blue tinge LEDs in. I'm thinking that the red in the LED is making the shrimp more confident in venturing to the front of the tank as my LFS told me that they would be shy to start off with, but they've been really active since putting them in. :D
    I've also listed the plants above in my comment If your interested.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith View Post
    Looks great, once the plants grow in more you'll like it even better. I keep the same combination of rcs and brigittae in the tank together, they get along and compliment each other well. It's funny when you see some red cherry shrimp that are as large as the fish.
    I think they do compliment each other very well. I saw them both together in my LFS and really liked the idea of a nano shrimp tank with nano fish, so got one for myself :D

As you said about the some Rcs being the same size as the fish, I have a few Rcs which are bigger than my Brigittae's haha.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeW10 View Post
    I've also listed the plants above in my comment If your interested.
    Didn't see that....my bad lol.
    I'm not surprised that your shrimp aren't very shy. When I put mine in my tank, I had less plants, no floating plants, a bright light, and some fish that sometimes nipped at the shrimp. The fish don't do that anymore and the shrimp are now much less shy, but at first they were a bunch of little cowards. Great looking tank!
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

0 Not allowed!
    Why the huge sponge?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Why the huge sponge?
    It is a sponge filter. Provides a lot of biological filtration and to some degree mechanical filtration as well. Great source of filtration, I use them on my shrimp tanks. Another nice thing about them is, microflora and other stuff will grow on the sponge which the shrimp will scavenge and feed off of.