· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    What dutchie is saying is if you see fishes that you like, research on where they're from first. If you got a name, you can find out where they're from. If you have soft water, you will try to find species that live in areas with soft water (most Asian and South American species).
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I see, thank you.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    What dutchie is saying is if you see fishes that you like, research on where they're from first. If you got a name, you can find out where they're from. If you have soft water, you will try to find species that live in areas with soft water (most Asian and South American species).
    Yep! And I'm lazy and this is way easier than writing 300+ fish names. :-)

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like your water is fairly soft so pH can fall between water changes. Keep an eye on it until you get a feel for how much, if any, your pH falls during a week (if you do large water changes once a week.)

For complete details, read this article:

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/AquariumKH.html

This site covers everything; however, they push the amount of calcium in the water more than I like so don't be too worried about that. The key on hardness is KH in that if that is low, pH can drift faster.

0 Not allowed!
    Let me stay polite and civilized..... I don't agree with that article. I also think it's rather unstructured and doubt if it's suitable for beginners.

Besides, OP has almost ideal water for a LOT of different species, I see no reason at all to throw things in that unless OP wants to do an African lake setup.
    Last edited by talldutchie; 09-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I would agree. For 20+ years I have had tap water that is near-zero in KH and GH. I used to monitor pH, and I now do so sporadically. I have never noticed fluctuations of more than a few decimal points, occurring at water changes because the tap water is around 7.0 to 7.2 and my tanks run in the low to mid 6's. If the system is biologically in balance, with fish, plants, water volume, and water changes are regular and substantial, there should not be any issues with fluctuating pH. Selecting fish suited to your water makes things even simpler.

Byron.