· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default While cycling my my tank I discovered:

0 Not allowed!
    So I started to cycle my tank, and while looking at my live rock, I noticed that I have two(so far) what I believe to be bristleworms.
    I also noticed that one of the corals, that I believed to have been dead and become part of the rock is alive and has devolped two poylps with feelers...Any suggestions on what I should do with these guys?20130908_190005.jpg20130908_190101.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like small feather dusters on the left and hmmm, could be regular bristle worm on the right. Hard to see, take a turkey baster and suck it out for better ID. If it's a good worm, keep it. I'd dread to ID it as a fireworm or something of the sort...
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll go snag a photo with my Canon real quick

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a better quality picture:
    IMG_3255.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Doesn't look like the bad fireworm hermodice carunculata....keep it for now as it'll still be a good scavenger.

How big is this tank and what are you plans for livestock?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    its a 29g, heres the link to my journal thread that describes everything:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=114073

0 Not allowed!
    for what it's worth I'll second Spardas on the ID's

First pic definitely looks like a feather duster (they're fun) and the worm doesn't look like a fireworm so he should be ok to leave alone since they'll take care of anything dead pretty efficiently lol they can also be a good indicator to your feeding, if there's a ton of them you're most likely feeding too much/too often
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Harmless filter-feeder fan worm/feather duster, yes. They'll multiply, but they don't become pests or anything.
    That's just your average bristleworm. They're fine to have, although they can sting. It's not horrible, but it burns. Unless you're badly allergic to bees or similar things, they really aren't dangerous. Pistol shrimp eat them and I had a clown goby who'd tear into the big ones. Also had a watchman goby try to eat one, but it balled up and he couldn't swallow it. Yes, he was fine, he eventually spit it out.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae