· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Fire eel twiching

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, i recently bought a fire eel this week and it is about 6 inches long. It has been swimming fine for the first two days however today about an hour ago it has been twiching a lot and trying to bite its tail. My substrate is fine gravel and i have a feeling that it has swallowed some by accident however i am not completely sure. If anyone else has ever experienced this with their fire eel please let me know.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    can someone please help me with this choking fire eel, it is very urgent i cant stand to see it suffering like this

0 Not allowed!
    Hard to say unless you give more information about your tank and water parameters. What have you been feeding it? Are there tankmates?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    its a 50 gallon growout tank and there are no other tankmates. nitrites and ammonia are 0 and nitrates are 5 ppm

0 Not allowed!
    But are you sure that the pebble can fit the mouth of your eel? What have you been feeding it? Have you made any water changes or added anything into the tank recently?

If it really did swallow a pebble, do you see any bulky area in the mouth or the stomach? If it's stuck in the mouth, it's still possible to pull it out with a pair of very thin tweezer or try with a paper clip.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.