· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff you forgot the -

Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    It's all part of the suspense strategy!! Lol sooner or later this thread will be worth something!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

2 Not allowed!
    Still absent of pictures however the sand went in over this past weekend and some equipment is in the shipping process. Decided to bag the AIO and go with a HOB as my heater hider and a place to put a little cheato on reverse lighting. ATO has also been scratched, I'll just have a manual top off the old fashion way.

Lighting is exciting. I decided to go big and get a nanobox duo which is all LED but has bluefish wireless control and has been raved about everywhere I've read about it. Really excited to play with that and learn the ins and outs.

Stocking plan has remained much the same but I plan on adding a bangaii cardinal to the list since no matter how hard I try they're always just so fascinating to me.

Wet test is coming up next and I'll have some pics of the rocks I picked out so we can start coming up with some aquascaping ideas

Should be a fun ride as I try and remember how to do this haha

Cheers
    Last edited by hockeyhead019; 06-09-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
    Still absent of pictures however the sand went in over this past weekend and some equipment is in the shipping process. Decided to bag the AIO and go with a HOB as my heater hider and a place to put a little cheato on reverse lighting. ATO has also been scratched, I'll just have a manual top off the old fashion way.

Lighting is exciting. I decided to go big and get a nanobox duo which is all LED but has bluefish wireless control and has been raved about everywhere I've read about it. Really excited to play with that and learn the ins and outs.

Stocking plan has remained much the same but I plan on adding a bangaii cardinal to the list since no matter how hard I try they're always just so fascinating to me.

Wet test is coming up next and I'll have some pics of the rocks I picked out so we can start coming up with some aquascaping ideas

Should be a fun ride as I try and remember how to do this haha

Cheers
    Welcome back. I'm glad to see this thread up and running again. It seems like there's not many here that venture into the salty side of fishkeeping so I'm always happy when there are new postings. Congrats on the progress and I'll be looking forward to those pics.

0 Not allowed!
    Good to see you back !!!
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

1 Not allowed!
    Good to be back, really looking forward to having a tank again! I've missed it haha

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome back!

Default It LIIIVVVEESSSS... well kinda

0 Not allowed!
    Finally got some more sand and some salt and put the water into the tank last night. No leaks (didn't expect any) and cloudy water ensued, which we all expected.

Here's some pics :)

The top is just to show the pieces of rock that I'm working with, the second one is how I think I'm gonna leave it. That's up in the air depending on the water flow pattern tough.

And filled with the water

In case I haven't mentioned it I'm using a Jabeo WP-10 wave maker (Chinese MP-10 pretty much) and I'm trying to find the right setting to get good flow but not overpowering on one side and barely anything on the other. It's kind of tough to get a good indication though with all the murkiness now though. I did shine a light to see the sand/dust movement pattern and I've got some flow on the right side but nothing crazy and on the left side. The tall rock gives a good swirl effect as it runs behind and then meets the high current on the front side.

In addition to that I'm using an aquaclear 50 filter which I'll use to hide my heater and have a cheato ball in with reverse lighting. I plan on using that to help flow if need be. I also bought Bio-Spira and Fluval's "instant" BB colonies which I'll add after work today. I know they aren't all inclusive of what you get on LR but it'll give me a good jump start to get the BB I need for ammonia processing. From there the game plan is to dose with pure ammonia and monitor. I'm looking to get 2ppm fully converted within 24 hours.

From there it'll be livestock time. Hopefully my light has arrived by then and I can add one clown and a small zoa colony. Hopefully the zoas will come with some coralline on the plug somewhere to help seed that. After that it'll be really slow going since I'm going for a pretty untouched sterile system to a reef system and I know the faster you introduce things the greater your chance for a problem is.

On the purchase list in terms of equipment the only thing left is an RO/DI unit and a test kit. Yes I'm aware they're both vital components and they'll be on order shortly.