· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Ideas for a 20 gal long

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

Been a while but I'm teetering right on the end of getting back into the salty side. I have a 20 gal long that I had used for my sump when i had my 55. I'm curious to see what kinds of ideas can be accomplished with this 20 and what kind of money I'd have to alot for it.

I'm thinking ideally a no sump set up with LED lighting and a softies tank with two clowns and maybe a bangaii cardinal. I'd love to put a BTA in as well but idk if it'll have enough room.

So far all I have is the tank and some dry rock from the destruction of my 55. Which may have all kinds of nasties leeched into it so it'll need a thorough soak anyways

Any thoughts are more than welcome! I've been trying to avoid the SW itch to see if it's something I really want to do but it just won't go away lol
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

1 Not allowed!
    How about a zoa dominant reef tank with gobies and shrimp ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, I also thought of gobies and shrimp with some corals as the first choice.

Love to stick my hand in and the shrimp swarm all over it and start picking, lol.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Or ahem, a mantis shrimp....(looks at cliff)
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, I was waiting for that post
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    hey now keep that in cliff's 180 gallon lol (yes i read it haha)

Anyways yea probably will be dominated by zoas since they're my favorite... trying to think of other softies that are fun but don't get crazy big... the zoas can just fight for space on thier own rocks... probably some waving hands too they're fun

As far as fish I was kind of set on the clowns but gobies would definitely be exciting and I would be able to do a bunch of different little clown sized gobies

EDIT: what i'm most interested in is the hardware for the tank and how to keep it looking nice without compromising any piece of equipment with the possible exception of a skimmer
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Default Lighting

0 Not allowed!
    As for lighting I'm thinking of using this set up:

http://reefledlights.com/how-to-diy-led/

Can't decide which set up to get though, or if I should frankenstein my own kit together just using theirs as a guide line

Problem is I'm struggling with what combination of lights as well as how many total to grab...

Time to get back in the research game lol

0 Not allowed!
    lol sorry here's the link the real link haha/