· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just ordered a new media reactor

0 Not allowed!
    After a few years of getting really frustrated with my current/traditional medial reactor, I have been looking for something different to try with my biopellets. A few weeks ago, I found information about the below media reactor and I just ordered a conic media reactor. Based on the cone design, I would think it would be a lot better than what I am currently using as it will focus the flow to the base of the cone forcing more water through the media. Such a simple approach to solve a very common problem.

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=213

I will change the out-flow plumbing so I can get the flow coming out of the reactor right into the skimmer

I'm looking forward to seeing the results
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    seems like a better concept, fer sure. What reactor are you using now, again?

0 Not allowed!
    Right now I am using a vertex reactor plumbed into my return line. It is your typical external reactor. They are good reactors for things like carbon or phosphate removers, but not too good for bio-pellets. It's too hard to get the correct flow to prevent the pellets from "clumping" from time to time.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Does a media reactor just push water flow through biological filtration? It's mesmerising viewing!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, you just add the media and push water through it. The media reactor in the video was designed to be used with bio-pellets, first reactor like that. Or at least, the first one I have been able to find.

0 Not allowed!
    Would it not work just to dump all the media into the sump? Or would the flow not go through all of it?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    You really need the "tumbling" action to make the bio-pellets work. As they ware done, they are releasing / providing a type of carbon source to help the skimmer remove nitrates and phosphates. That would not happen nearly as well if they were in the sump and those little pellets would likely get sucked into the return pump or skimmer pump causing damage to them.

0 Not allowed!
    Nice, glad you pulled the trigger on that one. It does do a great job. We're cad light brothers now! Using the BR-2 and I'm happy with it.

Now about that mantis shrimp.....
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, I got a little more reading to do before I set-up a mantis tank

0 Not allowed!
    Number #1 Rule. Always stick your fingers into the crevices where Mr. Mantis like to hang out.

That's all there is to it.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast