· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! - Slaphppy7   Great job on the tank. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Is this sheet shown in the photo(s) in previous posts?
    Is this "sheet" the same as what is labelled "fine pad" in the photos in your previous posts? Or something different?
    Actually NO.
    I will not touch the Fine Pad fro the Eheim's filters, i am talking about the WOOL, (sorry for my mistake) i mentioned before (COTTON) instead.
    So those wool should be in my top 2 filters to create benefit bacteria? Or i can replace them with (Eheim substrate pro)?
    Please take a close look to the below pictures.

u5um.jpg

a4ic.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Any advice please!!!?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   So glad someone else takes KH seriously! - talldutchie   most promising newbie award! - talldutchie   Good advice. Stick around! - ~firefly~   A gift for your knowledge of Tetras. - steeler1   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rubema View Post
    Any advice please!!!?
    I was staying out of this, since you are dealing with another filter, not the canister as initially discussed, and I've no experience with this. Better help will come from someone who has experience with this different filter, respecting the cotton, etc.
    Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I was staying out of this, since you are dealing with another filter, not the canister as initially discussed, and I've no experience with this. Better help will come from someone who has experience with this different filter, respecting the cotton, etc.
    Thank you any way, your previous answers help me a lot..
    I hope if some one can help me with that, i water start getting high (Nitrite reading 5.0 ppm). I want to be sure that i setup all my 4 filters do be sure that i am doing the right cycling...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Ditch the cotton. Cotton is only need to make the aquarium look clean. Replacing the cotton less than evey month prevents it from being an effective biological media in the long run.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Ditch the cotton. Cotton is only need to make the aquarium look clean. Replacing the cotton less than evey month prevents it from being an effective biological media in the long run.
    So do you think using substrate pro from eheim is better than the cotton and will do a good job with BB??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

【ツ】 - korith   So glad someone else takes KH seriously! - talldutchie   most promising newbie award! - talldutchie   Good advice. Stick around! - ~firefly~   A gift for your knowledge of Tetras. - steeler1   

1 Not allowed!
    I would take the opposite view. The fine pads (white) are the "polishing" mechanical filtration that keeps the water clear. You are not going to have too little biological filtration (unless the tank is overstocked) because bacteria colonize every surface, up to the level needed for the bioload; beyond that it is irrelevant. And with live plants, even less so. But the suspended particulate matter (the water clarity) depends upon the fine mechanical filtration.

Byron.
    Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I would take the opposite view. The fine pads (white) are the "polishing" mechanical filtration that keeps the water clear. You are not going to have too little biological filtration (unless the tank is overstocked) because bacteria colonize every surface, up to the level needed for the bioload; beyond that it is irrelevant. And with live plants, even less so. But the suspended particulate matter (the water clarity) depends upon the fine mechanical filtration.

Byron.
    So what i will do, is to keep my LED 2 filters running with fine/medium pads, and i will keep the other eheim external filters with substrate pro.... and some pads as Manufacture Recommendation.