· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Actually picked up 3 turbos today for the tank I'll be doing my water change today as well.

0 Not allowed!
    word of caution with the turbos, if they flip over they can't get back up, and if they die they'll release all kinds of nasties into the tank
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Noted on the Turbos. They seems to be going a good job cleaning up the algae. One of them chose to sleep in the corner were my Clowns like to sleep and they refused to sleep anywhere else till it moved.

Got the copepods and add them to the tank. I wasn't ware those suckers could jump...It was amusing watching them enter the tank then go crazy to get a hiding spot.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019 View Post
    word of caution with the turbos, if they flip over they can't get back up, and if they die they'll release all kinds of nasties into the tank
    I too recently read that Hockeyhead, has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? I have had my Turbos for almost 8 months and they have both survived but I have never seen them upside down. They mow that algae like crazy so that why I bought three more just recently. My original two are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Yes they knock down some coral occasionally but thats my fault for not using the epoxy I bought 6 months ago.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I discovered some aiptasia in my tank and was going to get some remover but I guess we got two peppermint shrimp instead. So now the tank is up to:

Two clowns, three turbos is and two peppermint shrimp. Since I'm planning to do corals should I still add anything else to my stock? I seeded the tank with pods hopping to have a mandarin in a few months...

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    If the peppermint shrimp don't get rid of that aiptasia, I've used Aiptasia-X to eliminate them. Get the syringe with the formula near that anemone and inject. They vanish in three days.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So I figured I would do an update on my tank:
    Stock of fish is now:
    2 clowns
    1 Royal Gramma
    1 Purple Firefish
    1 XL Green Mandarin
    2 Shrimp

Corals:
    1 Frogspawn
    1 Brain Coral, Trachyphyllia
    1 Pink Zoanthus

I know Its tough to keep mandarins, mine eats frozen food as well as copepods. I've seen him eat with the rest of the tank, which is good, and he's not becoming skinny. I keep a close eye on him and will add more pods to the tank if he ends up devastating my cope pods. If he starts to get skinny I'll bring him to my LFS.

The clowns refuse to investigate my frogspawn, and are staying paired with the corner of my tank. The firefish has decided that it will in fact pair up with the clowns and hangs out with them all day. They rarely go to the other sides of the tank. The Royal will swim all over the tank, but I had to pick like one of the shyest ones because he pretty much hides at night, or if anyone walks up to the tank.

I've had to place my Brain coral in one of my openings of rock in the tank because it was getting to much light and was bleaching out, I really hope I can eventually bring it back out into the view of the tank though. I'll be adding some pictures later.
    Last edited by souly; 10-27-2013 at 04:13 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not here to contribute much SW knowledge but just to say that the photography is great in this journal. More please! Those clowns are sweet!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welp it appears my frog spawn contract brown jelly somehow. None of my other corals seem to be affected but I'm keeping a close eye on them. Had to bin the whole piece after I discovered what it had.

Picked up another coral as a replacement, and also some marine snow and some purple up.

0 Not allowed!
    Any reason for the calcium dosing ?

What are your calcium and alkalinity levels right now ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]