· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default apistos co-exit with........

0 Not allowed!
    In the opinions of experience would Apistos co-exist with Tiger barbs in a well planted 30 gallon with lots of hiding places . This is purely just a curious ? unless responses are positive.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

0 Not allowed!
    How big is the tank, which Apisto species and how big is the tiger barb school.

My primary respons is that it is not a suitable combination but there are some setups that might work. They all include large preferable high tanks and a lot of barbs.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello William. Tank is 36 ins. L x 12ins D x 16ins.H . I would like to have at least 12 - 15 TB's in with any Apisto that could be housed with them . If this could be done safely I think it would make an awesome tank for my living room as a show tank .

0 Not allowed!
    Personally I would not even consider the combination with less than 30 tbs, preferable 50. I would also prefer a larger aquarium. Given your tank I would not try it.

If you want a pretty dwarf cichlid to use in your tank with 12 - 15 TB's than I would look at kribs.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree on not mixing these. Apistogramma are all very sedate fish. Such fish are automatically "targets" for the faster "nippy" fish like Tiger Barb. Your tank would make a nice home for a group of just the Tigers, as William suggested. It is also good size for a pair or harem of Apistogramma (one species, some are best in a harem arrangement, some OK as pairs) but tankmates should be quieter fish. Most species of Pencilfish make excellent companion fish [the most common, Nannostomus beckfordi, is the one that is less suitable], as do hatchetfish (the species in Carnegiella are best here), many of the smaller tetras, and most of the amall or medium rasbora.

Byron.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thank you both for the responses . I have the utmost respect for the both of ya and will keep all the suggestions in mind . again Thank you both. Will let you know what happens. PS I think I will go with Kribs and TBs . How many and what ratio of male to female kribs should be with 15 TBs in the 30 gallon tank . Thanks again

0 Not allowed!
    I'd start with a pair, 1 male, 1 female.

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed. Kribs are best kept in pairs. Any two fish of somewhat similar size will pair up. It is okay if the male is a bit larger.

See my article here for more info