· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question The quicker picker upper

0 Not allowed!
    I have two male bettas in a split 10 gallon tank, I have had them for about two weeks and have done water changes weekly. My question is who out there has experience with nerite snails and/or shrimp. What is your take on who would be better for my tank. I really am looking to find a good match to help with the trash pickup. Not looking for something to do it for me just a little help is all. All feedback is appreciated.

0 Not allowed!
    Hello to a fellow Texan,

We have both mystery snails and RCS shrimp in our 10 gallon...they both do well with helping keep the algae down, but I think the shrimp are more fun to watch...the snails that we have have multiplied rapidly, even after removing egg clutches...I have no experience with nerites, but I have been told that they lay eggs all over the place...not harmful, but unsightly...some fish will eat the eggs, from what I understand

How are your water parameters?...do you have a good test kit to check them?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey there!
    Well I just have the strips right now but I get the water tested weekly at the LFS. Ammonia was pretty high last week so I did a 50% water chg and another this week. Will have it tested again this week, the strip has me at 7.2 ( ish) ph, 120ppm GH, 80 ppm KH, 0% nitrates. Good info on the trashmen, I had heard the Mystery snails poop a ton lol, that is why I was thinking of the nerite but if they lay that many eggs I guess its close to the same thing. I will probably go with shrimp then, I hope shrimp does not end up on the menu for these two lol.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    On that note what do you suggest for the size tank I have divided.

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    For algae contral - snails...for trash pickup and general housecleaning, shrimp!

I have the algae eating shrimp - them or ghosts generally get big enough not to end up as dinner.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    General housekeeping it is then.